[FT] Rangers 2 (Sima 45; Matondo 76) - 2 PSV Eindhoven

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Souttar

I doubt it: Sangare was their sitting midfielder; I'd expect our midfield to be zonally covering him, but they were all attracted to the ball. 

The dummy was superb, though. 

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I doubt it: Sangare was their sitting midfielder; I'd expect our midfield to be zonally covering him, but they were all attracted to the ball. 

The dummy was superb, though. 

Correct, sorry I was thinking the second goal. Raskin was meant to be marking him, but he was drawn to the first player who dummied it, so if Raskin had stayed where he was he might have blocked it!

Not really relevent to this topic, but it was good to see Tom Lawrence played an hour for B Team today and scored in a 4-2 win over Hamilton. Think he is still a few weeks away from 1st team action. 

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Not really relevent to this topic, but it was good to see Tom Lawrence played an hour for B Team today and scored in a 4-2 win over Hamilton. Think he is still a few weeks away from 1st team action. 

And a cracking goal it was. Highlights on Rangers TV

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Both were last night! you need to get rid of your negative perspective! give them a break!.

No Ian, as much as I want that to be true, I thought our fullbacks were the weakest link in defence again. 

44 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Souttar

Nah mate, Sangare, as Rousseau says, was their sitting midfielder - should have been either Jack or Raskin IMHO.  However.... Souttar DID get dragged to the ball along with Goldson which meant that there was zero pressure applied to Sangare getting his shot off.

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

No Ian, as much as I want that to be true, I thought our fullbacks were the weakest link in defence again. 

Our two CBs were brilliant last night and both full backs coped admirably against PSVs pace. 

In the lead up to the game, many (including some on here) were predicting that Tav and Borna would be "ripped to shreds" and we'd get a "doing". Thankfully neither materialised. 

PSV strength is pace down the flanks, it was using this pace in the previous round that ensured they won convincingly home and away and many fearing for Tav and Borna.

We managed, for the most part to nullify this last night and if we are to progress, will need to do the same / better next week.

38 minutes ago, craig said:

Nah mate, Sangare, as Rousseau says, was their sitting midfielder - should have been either Jack or Raskin IMHO.  However.... Souttar DID get dragged to the ball along with Goldson which meant that there was zero pressure applied to Sangare getting his shot off.

I already corrected myself Craig