Europa League Draw: Real Betis, Sparta Prague and Aris Limassol | Fixtures Announced

3 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

We are top seeds for a reason, so anything less than 1st place is statistically a failure. We have beaten far better sides than these 3 in the last couple of years. The bonus of missing a round plus additional bonuses for topping the group is the only target we should have.

And then I remember Beale is still our manager, our star European performers are mostly gone, and our new recruits we have to give at least a year to bed in, so as long as we get 3rd place and drop into the diddy diddy cup that would be acceptable now wouldn't it?

I don't know if we drop to the Conference and go far in that competition (final or winning it) would be viewed as a failure. I can see us getting to the round of 32 in Europa, maybe round of 16 at best. Would I rather get to the final or win the Conference? Absolutely! 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Decent enough group that all things being equal offers us an opportunity to progress into the knock-out stages. 

Will be interesting to see how Rangers price the 3 match package given they went top dollar in last seasons CL. 

I have absolutely no doubt it will be totally overpriced, and will completely sell out. And dont forget to watch out for the Thursday Cup Range from Castore hitting an email inbox near you soon, with even more overpriced "leisure and travelwear" for us to consume, which we will in huge numbers. 

It looks a tough group to me, given the team's current form.

The only chance we have of coming through the group stage is if there's a rapid and dramatic improvement because there's no way the performance we saw in Eindhoven is beating Betis or Sparta.

2 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

I don't know if we drop to the Conference and go far in that competition (final or winning it) would be viewed as a failure. I can see us getting to the round of 32 in Europa, maybe round of 16 at best. Would I rather get to the final or win the Conference? Absolutely! 

Have you seen the teams in the conference cup? Lille, Zagreb, Brugge, Alkmaar, Villa, Fiorentina, Frankfurt, Fenerbahce, to name a few. If we cant get past Prague & Limassol, how do we think we get to the last 4 or so with the above teams involved? 

Just now, Bill said:

It looks a tough group to me, given the team's current form.

The only chance we have of coming through the group stage is if there's a rapid and dramatic improvement because there's no way the performance we saw in Eindhoven is beating Betis or Sparta.

Do you have any confidence in our manager and his collection of new players to get that job done? I am struggling to see it myself.

9 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

If we finish third in this group then our chances of winning the Conference are zero.

4 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Do you have any confidence in our manager and his collection of new players to get that job done? I am struggling to see it myself.

If I'm honest , no.

5 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Have you seen the teams in the conference cup? Lille, Zagreb, Brugge, Alkmaar, Villa, Fiorentina, Frankfurt, Fenerbahce, to name a few. If we cant get past Prague & Limassol, how do we think we get to the last 4 or so with the above teams involved? 

No idea 🤪. However, it would be an easier opportunity that the Europa, which resembles Champions League this year. 

5 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

If we finish third in this group then our chances of winning the Conference are zero.

Then quite frankly Beale can fuck off. Win the league and the fans will allow him more time and Europe becomes a bonus (for this season). Fail to win the league and get pumped in Europa and/or Conference, then at least we can look forward to a new manager that can actually take us somewhere.