Europa League Draw: Real Betis, Sparta Prague and Aris Limassol | Fixtures Announced

14 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

If you feel you are being fleeced don't buy/cancel your CCCs or whatever,I get concession due to age but would pay full price if necessary.

If you want to complain about being fleeced look no further than kiosk catering prices---that's what I call being fleeced.

Nearly chocked on ma 3.05 bovril which I think has went up 5p every match 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Is Dowell a long term injury? Only 4 midfielders catches the eye. Can we add young players to this, I seem to remember that was allowed although I might have made that up. 

Beale mentioned a knee injury in the previous presser. I'm putting 2+2 and maybe getting 5 but Dowell has missed a chunk of games at previous clubs due to knee injuries, plus we do have a track record with knee injuries. 

Cantwell and Lawrence can play in midfield. I expect the homegrown restrictions have had a big part to play in this.

Player list B (young players) will be added later. Expect King will be there. Maybe Aaron Lyall too. We need at least 4 trained at club players and 4 nation trained players. Wright, Jack and Soutter are nation trained. Lowry would have been involved if not out on loan.

This is where a Shankland or similar would have come in handy (not that I'm endorsing that particular player, more the eligibility side)

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

19 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Thanks. Agree about Cantwell and Lawrence, even Wright to an extent. 

Rice and Devine as well as King and possibly Cole McKinnon will probably come in too then. 

Forgot about Devine, good shout. Rice only been here for a year so doesn't qualify as trained at club. Not sure how that matters for the B list. Zak Lovelace will be the same.

Could be doing with a squad update to support the squad selections but it looks light in MF also Leon Balogun missed the OF squad too is he maybe injured .

more generally what are we going to do with all those forwards listed . Is that maybe explained by other payers being unavailable so we have a gush of forwards instead .

1 hour ago, PoohBear said:

It kind of a bummer when I look at that squad and think what we spent in the summer. All that optimism wiped out. The defence looks very shaky if there are any injuries, and the forwards is chock full of players we don't play.

The European quotas are not a secret, we could have built a squad with this in mind. Then again we could just be more focused on domestic success which I would be behind.