[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

20 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Interesting table. Suggests Celtics result against us today was somewhat fortunate.

https://x.com/caskieandrew/status/1698400086856741121?s=46

I’ve yet to see any medals, trophies or Euro CL qualifications based on xG, so it’s all hypothetical pish and the table on the left is the only one that matters and it’s not nice reading. 4 games played, 2 defeats, 4 points behind the worst Tim team I’ve seen in quarter of a century and already out of the only Euro tournament that matters. Beale out.

33 minutes ago, locked ward said:

In the 3-0 win at the end of last season when the league was already lost he had Cantwell closing down McGregor and it worked.

Why not today ?

I know it was a dead rubber but this was the formation I thought Beale was working on. Cantwell further forward at the top of a diamond leading the press with 2 split strikers/attackers. A flexible 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 which can easily become a 3-5-2 if the sitting midfielder drops in. 

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

I think twice in 1st half today we won the ball in midfield and Jack and then Raskin had a chance to play a 1st time pass to Matondo who was free through the middle and both chose to turn and play the ball backwards. 

That was infuriating but on many occasions it was because they were being denied angles for a pass forward, partly because we had so few options ahead of the ball until later in the game. That seemed to be a deliberate but inexplicable tactic by Beale, hence the amount of long ball football the team was asked to play. In my (very) humble opinion, Beale got the midfield completely wrong today and not for the first time either. He basically had our midfield doing the same thing as against PSV and we all saw what a clusterfuck that was. All players will have off days and they'll all make mistakes - that's the nature of the game - but when the manager is inhibiting them with silly-bugger tactics then what chance do they have.

57 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

We've gifted another goal to Celtic today.

We had no coherent pattern of attack other than the ball over the top.

I think I'm right to say that Cantwell and Raskin have yet to beat Celtic in a competitive match.

They both played in last seasons 3-0 win at Ibrox.

6 hours ago, PoohBear said:

The thing that really sticks in my craw about the manager is that he turned up at that game when Gio was still in charge. I really didn’t like that and it shouldn’t have been allowed.

1 hour ago, PoohBear said:

It's a literal fact 😂

Nonsense.