[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

It's not coaching, it's belief in your own ability. Highly paid professional football players shouldn't need a coach to tell them how to pass 5 yards. Or how/when to pass and move. Or when to release the ball rather than hold on to it.

I think twice in 1st half today we won the ball in midfield and Jack and then Raskin had a chance to play a 1st time pass to Matondo who was free through the middle and both chose to turn and play the ball backwards. 

Partly, but the coach has to implement the structure where they have the option to make a pass. 

You can blame the player for not making the pass, but you blame the manager for there not being a pass to make, if you get what I mean. 

I'm not talking in specifics, just generalities.

3 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Trying to be rational after today but did anyone else think we were not being brave on the ball? Maybe a fall out from Wednesday but some players (Jack, Raskin, Tav, Goldson) looked scared to play advanced passes.

It's been like that all season. 

GK > CB > RB > CB > long ball. Possession lost. 

We can't build up. 

Brighton wait for you to press, then boom-boom-boom. A passing combo and they're away. They're waiting for it and they all know what they're doing.

3 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Trying to be rational after today but did anyone else think we were not being brave on the ball? Maybe a fall out from Wednesday but some players (Jack, Raskin, Tav, Goldson) looked scared to play advanced passes.

100% and when they did make a pass, it was usually the wrong option. 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

It's been like that all season. 

GK > CB > RB > CB > long ball. Possession lost. 

We can't build up. 

Brighton wait for you to press, then boom-boom-boom. A passing combo and they're away. 

Don't mention Brighton....

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Partly, but the coach has to implement the structure where they have the option to make a pass. 

You can blame the player for not making the pass, but you blame the manager for there not being a pass to make, if you get what I mean. 

I'm not talking in specifics, just generalities.

But let's talk specifics, as its the specifics that we need to improve. I gave two examples where we had two opportunities to make a simple 10/15yard pass to release Matondo in on goal, and both times the player turned and played ball backwards.

That's not the fault of the structure, that's players taking the wrong (or easy) option.