[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Come of it, they've been terrible all season no matter where the manager has deployed them. If only Tav and Borna were cut the same slack as the poster boys on here or is MB only to blame for certain players deficiencies?

It was his point. 

I agree with it, however: our players don't look like they know what they're doing. I'm not blaming them. 

I've not criticised any players this season, other than the odd performance. 

For me, it's MB that is to blame.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

We had two chopped off tho and your right, the 1st one was rightly chopped of.

Like I said at the game I didn't feel worried in the 1st half. Goldson gifted them a goal.

I thought 2nd half they hit us on the break and could / should have scored more.

We also had chances 2nd half - Lammers, Danilo and I think it was Dessers who headed over at near post from a corner.

I see what you did there... touché. 

I don't think you're wrong. 

I think I'm just more upset at the first half because I expected more. For the second I was prepared for disappointment.

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I'm not blaming the players Bill. The manager obviously thought Sterling, Jack and Matondo had to cover the left. Baffling.

When do the players get the blame? We blamed Gio and he got sacked, now we're blaming Beale. Maybe it's  time the players took some responsibility for their own performances.

Jack, Cantwell and Raskin were terrible today and have been for most of the season. That's their issue ro resolve (as all three can play and play well).

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It was his point. 

I agree with it, however: our players don't look like they know what they're doing. I'm not blaming them. 

I've not criticised any players this season, other than the odd performance. 

For me, it's MB that is to blame.

But the players need to take responsibility - they have been poor all season. Today Jack, Cantwell and Raskin were bossed. I'd expect them to have sufficient believe in their own ability that they could at least do the basics right. That's not MBs issue, that's the players issues to resolve.

Goldson's attempted heading clearance (if thats what it was) was the defining moment of the game. How do you or how can you blame Beale for that? 

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

When do the players get the blame? We blamed Gio and he got sacked, now we're blaming Beale. Maybe it's  time the players took some responsibility for their own performances.

Jack, Cantwell and Raskin were terrible today and have been for most of the season. That's their issue ro resolve (as all three can play and play well).

I've been patient with regards to Beale as he came in last year and steadied the domestic ship and at least was competitive against Ange's Celtic team. This was of course all done under the proviso that was with someone else team. This year has me scratching my head. I get horses for course when we navigate the move from the SPL to Europe but it appears we are trying a new set up in every bloody game. There is no consistency of selection and no identity to what we are doing. Most of our signings are on the bench and Matondo has gone from the exit door to the starting XI in the space of 4 weeks. It looks like we are making it up as we go along and the scattergun approach to our subs today only cemented that. I genuinely hope he turns it around as I like him but today was a hard pill to swallow. Much like Wednesday night, the result is bad enough but the manner in which have lost is extremely worrying indeed. 

43 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But the players need to take responsibility - they have been poor all season. Today Jack, Cantwell and Raskin were bossed. I'd expect them to have sufficient believe in their own ability that they could at least do the basics right. That's not MBs issue, that's the players issues to resolve.

Goldson's attempted heading clearance (if thats what it was) was the defining moment of the game. How do you or how can you blame Beale for that? 

I'd blame players for mistakes, but it doesn't look like mistakes, per se. 

To take Goldson's poor clearance: you can blame Goldson for not clearing properly, but you can also blame MB for: the messy defensive live; the fact we need to make a clearance because we can't build-up properly, or press properly, or counterpress properly; the fact there's no players central to win the second ball. 

There are structural issues, there. 

You can put all the blame on the players, but that then suggests we need another rebuild next summer. That's scary to think about. 

For me, we need a better Coach. Just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I've been patient with regards to Beale as he came in last year and steadied the domestic ship and at least was competitive against Ange's Celtic team. This was of course all done under the proviso that was with someone else team. This year has me scratching my head. I get horses for course when we navigate the move from the SPL to Europe but it appears we are trying a new set up in every bloody game. There is no consistency of selection and no identity to what we are doing. Most of our signings are on the bench and Matondo has gone from the exit door to the starting XI in the space of 4 weeks. It looks like we are making it up as we go along and the scattergun approach to our subs today only cemented that. I genuinely hope he turns it around as I like him but today was a hard pill to swallow. Much like Wednesday night, the result is bad enough but the manner in which have lost is extremely worrying indeed. 

But the players need to take some responsibility and blame. 

Today as an example, players standing off opponents, players who can't pass the ball, players who can't beat the 1st defender with a cross or corner, players who continually make individual errors that lead to goals, players who mias open goals, that's not on MB, that's on those players. 

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Jack had a bad game by his standards, had to be replaced by Lundstram or Cifuentes, IMHO. His passing and decision making was terrible at times. Tav likewise ... as if the ball was a pound too heavy.

Not sure why there is so much blame thrown at Cantwell. He's probably the only source of creativity we have/had all season, and his effort is second to none. Played far too deep first half - probably by order of MB. Anyone could see that they didn't like the pressure, but we somehow couldn't keep it up - despite various people (Roofe, Tav, Cantwell) telling others to do more of it. There was virtually no wing play, which allowed them to keep our attackers under close control and get out of defence easy enough. I do hope that Ridvan is back to full fitness once the next game is up, he looks to be the wing-back we need, despite Tav's goals et al. Anyone knows how many attempts at goal from free kicks Tav has converted in recent years (sic!)? Probably as little as Goldson scored a goal from a corner/free-kick.

IMHO, we are top-heavy in terms of players we have at our disposal (as opposed to many of the last few seasons) and simply haven't worked out how to use them best. I said it a week or two ago, IMHO our best centre-half partnership is Souttar and Balogun - and I stand by that. 

It's match day 4 of 38, onwards we soldier!

10 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'd blame players for mistakes, but it doesn't look like mistakes, per se. 

To take Goldson's poor clearance: you can blame Goldson for not clearing properly, but you can also blame MB for: the messy defensive live; the fact we need to make a clearance because we can't build-up properly, or press properly, or counterpress properly; the fact there's no players central to win the second ball. 

There are structural issues, there. 

You can put all the blame in the players, but that then suggest we needs another rebuild next summer. That's scary to think about. 

For me, we need a better Coach. Just my opinion. 

We do need a better coach, but it's unfair blaming him for Goldsons error today. That's down to Goldson and if he doesn't make that mistake it's 0-0.

Edited by CammyF