Newcastle United cancel Castore contract

FWIW, I have no issues with Castore quality in 2023 however I dislike the "4 kits/year contract" and i'm skeptical about the deal we are getting with them versus the likes of Adidas and Nike.

Newcastle United are the latest Premier League team to encounter problems with kit manufacturers

Castore after it emerged they ended their partnership early following complaints from supporters over the poor quality of their merchandise.
Telegraph Sport can disclose that Newcastle received so many complaints about poor customer service, as well as some long delays in orders being delivered after purchase, that it was decided it reflected badly on the club.
Fans had also complained about the poor quality of some of the products, as well as a lack of available stock in the Castore stores in the city.
Telegraph Sport also reported that Aston Villa, whose kits are also manufactured by Castore, have received complaints from their women’s and men’s team over the club’s shirts.
Head coach Unai Emery was asked whether he supported the players’ complaints following Villa’s exit from the Carabao Cup to Everton on Wednesday night. Emery responded: “I don’t know,” he said, “they [the club] didn’t tell me about it.”
However, Damian Vidagany, Villa’s director of football operations, conceded: “It’s true we have a problem with the shirt, because clearly the material is not absorbing the sweat. We have a situation and the marketing department is dealing with the supplier to try to change it. It is not a question that concerns the manager, it is for the business side.”

It has been stressed, though, that no problems were reported by Newcastle players with the quality or reliability of the kit supplied to the first team since the partnership began in the summer of 2021.
Castore pay around £5 million-a-year to manufacture Newcastle’s first-team kit and training wear in a deal agreed by former owner Mike Ashley.
The contract was due to expire at the end of the 2025/26 campaign but Newcastle’s kit will now be produced by German company Adidas from the start of next season. The break with Castore was disclosed in the recent Amazon Prime documentary We Are Newcastle United, with the cameras following board members during a meeting with Adidas executives in Germany.
Sources have disclosed that although the Adidas deal appealed because it was far more lucrative than the Castore one, making it an easy commercial decision as the club look to increase revenue streams, it would also ensure stronger and more reliable supply chains as well as quality control.
Adidas are thought to be paying around £40 million a season to manufacture and supply Newcastle’s kit for the next five years - a huge hike on the income received from the Castore deal.
Newcastle’s board were also well aware of the fact that Adidas were the kit manufacturers during the most enjoyable periods in the club’s modern history under managers Kevin Keegan and Sir Bobby Robson.
Aston Villa launched new home, away and third kits this season and are two years into what was described as being a ‘multi-year’ contract with Castore.

4 hours ago, crmpicco said:

FWIW, I have no issues with Castore quality in 2023 however I dislike the "4 kits/year contract" and i'm skeptical about the deal we are getting with them versus the likes of Adidas and Nike.

Do you have a source? 

It's best to provide a link at the bottom of your post. 

Most adidas and Nike teams are releasing four strips a season.  

I think we should get Armani strips and do a Napoli, who are currently releasing about twenty tops per season.  I'm already dreaming of a 31st October '95 Theses' top!  😀

36 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Rumours villa are looking to agree a termination too.

Yeah, there's an issue with the team's strips, which is crazy and is going to do their brand a lot more damage than some customer service complaints.

Looking at the strips that Castore have given us and comparing them to the abortions that Adidas gave Celtic, we should stay where we are, despite the fact that Adidas are a sexier brand.

However Adidas are also doing their brand a lot of damage keeping their association with a club that operated a paedophile ring for many years and covered it up. 

14 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

However Adidas are also doing their brand a lot of damage keeping their association with a club that operated a paedophile ring for many years and covered it up. 

Global sales would suggest it's doing no damage whatsoever.  Most people don't care and even if you mention it in Scotland, it's because you're a bigot.  

32 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

FUN ADIDAS FACTS!

The Dassler Brothers (Founders) were active members of the Nazi party.

They even had titles in the Hitler Youth...Sportwarfs.

During WW2 they converted their shoe factory to produce war munitions.

Educate Yourself Shooting Star GIF