[Official] Rangers part company with Beale

I agree with @Graeme Ro55 (i think it was you mate, might be someone else) about looking forward to putting this behind us and what's next.

I feel like a bit of weight has left my shoulders, still carrying a bit though..hopefully the new gaffer can bear the brunt of that when he comes in.

Hopefully the players look less downtrodden also, it's a privilege to wear that shirt - play like you're enjoying it, not full of fear.

Edited by yuddie

2 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I agree with @Graeme Ro55 (i think it was you mate, might be someone else) about looking forward to putting this behind us and what's next.

I feel like a bit of weight has left my shoulders, still carrying a bit though..hopefully the new gaffer can bear the brunt of that when he comes in.

It's the difference between hope and despair.

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm looking forward to hearing how the players are reacting to these changes.

Well they are probably happy the club finally realized they had mistakenly hired a used car salesman as manager. 

I would be popping corks and praying the next guy has a clue. 

54 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Aye of course - I'd be talking about Devine, King, Lowry, Rice etc.

I think most fans would support the new gaffer if Tav was rotated with Devine this season to phase him out. He hasn't put a foot wrong really when he's played and a few of them have been at left back.

The quality of Scottish players in the league and gettable talents abroad is a bigger question granted but hopefully in the next few years we won't pass up talents like Doig, Stewart, Nisbet, Ferguson etc. Add in a couple of academy players and you've got a good core of good Scottish players in the club.

Hypothetically.

Some will disagree and say those players aren't good enough but let's be honest, they're better than what we have now.

They really aren't better than what we've got now. 

While I'm not against giving Devine some game time (he's better than Sterling IMO), he's still not as good as Tav, even if Tav's not having his best season again.

King has 4 better centre backs in front of him.

Lowry isn't getting many starts at Hearts and still needs to work on his game before he's ready for regular first team appearances.

I haven't seen seen that much of Rice but when he was brought on the other week, he didn't go looking for the ball in the same way as some of the other midfielders. It could be that it was just nerves or was understandably overawed but I didn't see enough of him to say that he's better than, say, Lundstrom or Jack.

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

They really aren't better than what we've got now. 

While I'm not against giving Devine some game time (he's better than Sterling IMO), he's still not as good as Tav, even if Tav's not having his best season again.

King has 4 better centre backs in front of him.

Lowry isn't getting many starts at Hearts and still needs to work on his game before he's ready for regular first team appearances.

I haven't seen seen that much of Rice but when he was brought on the other week, he didn't go looking for the ball in the same way as some of the other midfielders. It could be that it was just nerves or was understandably overawed but I didn't see enough of him to say that he's better than, say, Lundstrom or Jack.

Aye that's fair, I meant the Scottish talent rather than our academy lads. The proofs there with those players though that they got their game time and improved considerably, I'd be surprised if players like Devine, King etc got worse if we played them like.

Consistently as well.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I'm looking forward to hearing how the players are reacting to these changes.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the players are reacting to these changes. I've heard more than enough from all of them, time to show us instead. I suspect thats kind of what you meant as well.

IF we go down the Scottish route (I doubt it) who's out there?

Alex Neil? 3 promotions including Hamilton. 54% win rate in 77 games with them tbf, major doubts though.

McInnes? Nah not for me.

Kettlewell? Too early.

Ent great is it.

18 minutes ago, yuddie said:

IF we go down the Scottish route (I doubt it) who's out there?

Alex Neil? 3 promotions including Hamilton. 54% win rate in 77 games with them tbf, major doubts though.

McInnes? Nah not for me.

Kettlewell? Too early.

Ent great is it.

I'm hoping the board will finally stop these daft experiments and look at much more experienced candidates.

Like McInnes - no, just joking 😁