[Official] Rangers part company with Beale

9 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I know this is a bit of an old da gripe but I hope the next manager coming in bloods youngster's and plays with a core of Scottish players.

We're in a position, contrary to popular belief or at least imo, that we can because of how dominant we are (or should be) game to game.

Young players values aren't going to drop by playing them week to week and there is something about having a core group of Scottish (NI as well tbf) players in the dressing room - it's always been the way with Rangers up until Warburton and then Gerrard.

We need to get back to that.

Not fussed whether the manager has connections or is Scottish mind.

Most of our young players will likely not be good enough though. Its just the reality of it.

Most of our youth prospects will never even reach the heights of nailing down a starting slot for someone like Motherwell or St Mirren.

Sure, if there are one or two outstanding prospects, say Rice, Lovelace and King, give them more game time. The lesser quality ones though, its just going to be daft to try and field a team full of them, we will get absolute doings that will make Saturday look good.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Most of our young players will likely not be good enough though. Its just the reality of it.

Most of our youth prospects will never even reach the heights of nailing down a starting slot for someone like Motherwell or St Mirren.

Sure, if there are one or two outstanding prospects, say Rice, Lovelace and King, give them more game time. The lesser quality ones though, its just going to be daft to try and field a team full of them, we will get absolute doings that will make Saturday look good.

I think it needs to be a process over a number of years but agree it needs to be done and definitely a smattering of youngsters and Scots.

Edited by Blue Moon
Typo

Never thought of Davis, TBH. Bags of experience on club and international level, no idea about his coaching abilities. Rae exactly the same, bar the international experience. Truth be told, if we get people who get us to a next level (or tow) in Scotland, that would be all I am asking for. We simply can't play along like we de facto did since Warburton. All we tried was making the 4-3-3-Plan-A better and while it reaped some rewards in Europe, dear me, how much we failed with that at home.

I always like how Neil McCann talks the game as an expert for RTV et al, and I know his managerial background isn't great. But he would be one for a secondary role in my next managerial set up.

Speaking of which, it's always quite a hard break these days, since once more, it isn't just Beale going, but also the coaches Neil Banfield, Damian Matthew, Harry Watling and Jack Ade. No idea how good or bad their work and input  actually were ...

NB: Somewhat like Gio, Beale's last few games have been messed up by injuries too. Only that ... I doubt he would have changed the line ups that much bar midfield.

Edited by der Berliner

10 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Aye of course - I'd be talking about Devine, King, Lowry, Rice etc.

I think most fans would support the new gaffer if Tav was rotated with Devine this season to phase him out. He hasn't put a foot wrong really when he's played and a few of them have been at left back.

The quality of Scottish players in the league and gettable talents abroad is a bigger question granted but hopefully in the next few years we won't pass up talents like Doig, Stewart, Nisbet, Ferguson etc. Add in a couple of academy players and you've got a good core of good Scottish players in the club.

Hypothetically.

Some will disagree and say those players aren't good enough but let's be honest, they're better than what we have now.

1 minute ago, yuddie said:

Aye of course - I'd be talking about Devine, King, Lowry, Rice etc.

I think most fans would support the new gaffer if Tav was rotated with Devine this season to phase him out. He hasn't put a foot wrong really when he's played and a few of them have been at left back.

The quality of Scottish players in the league and gettable talents abroad is a bigger question granted but hopefully in the next few years we won't pass up talents like Doig, Stewart, Nisbet, Ferguson etc. Add in a couple of academy players and you've got a good core of good Scottish players in the club.

Hypothetically.

Some will disagree and say those players aren't good enough but let's be honest, they're better than what we have now.

To be honest, it sounds all good and promising, but fast forward a couple of weeks and the team filled with guys like Devine and Rice getting scudded would have the fans in an uproar.

We are dreadful as a club for actually blooding youths, but we also cant afford to just start going crazy with it.

Guys like Sterling will no doubt be quite a bit ahead of folk like Devine, and it should be him who we are giving the shot to first.

I'm not saying flood the team with 3 or 4 teenagers btw, Devine for Tav for a start and then you can give Rice sub appearences and drip feed him in.

We're shit scared to even do that at the minute.

25 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's not a good idea (at Rangers) to play youngsters when the team isn't performing well.  

Agree 100% - its all very well saying give them time. The minute we go a goal down we start getting on their backs and its not a criticism of the fans, Its from first hand experience and being one of the culprits!