[FT] Aris Limassol 2 - 1 Rangers (Sima 70')

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

Not his fault, however I think it is clear he is not the man to take us forward listening to this! { can't fault the effort}.........................

This wishy-washy attitude pervades the whole club. 

1 minute ago, Bill said:

After a whole year I would be looking for a hell of a lot more than flashes. The best I'll say is he's slightly less of a waster in a menagerie of complete wasters

Matondo is a significantly better option in the wide areas up front than Lammers is

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Would be as well taking our time over the manager appointment.

New manager is gonna be able to do fuck all until some of the better players are back and even when he can trade his own.

Taking over soon will just result in him having a horror start and risking the fans turning on him.

We beat Real Betis. I think we can get through this group with the right manager. But I agree that it has to be a very good manager. No project will get us through this.

1 minute ago, PoohBear said:

We beat Real Betis. I think we can get through this group with the right manager. But I agree that it has to be a very good manager. No project will get us through this.

FWIW I think Sima and Danilo are our best pairing up front. Cantwell & Matondo behind them & 2 def MF’s ( raskin and a.n. Other)

But current availability prevents this

Also, whatever Davis has done for us in the past, he wasn't the right man to bring in even temporarily. The blame lies squarely on the board for doing this, but you can't expect someone who has been friends with these players and played through similar periods with them to be able to give the harsh words that are required.

23 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

FWIW I think Sima and Danilo are our best pairing up front. Cantwell & Matondo behind them & 2 def MF’s ( raskin and a.n. Other)

But current availability prevents this

I think the lack of 3 midfielders is very much at the root of our problem and inviting trouble on the wings.  It is a disaster.  I was disappointed to see Davis doing this tonight.

29 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I dont think you can coach pace and our team has none.

Our players are for the most part, shit.