Brandon Barker

Halliday said a few weeks back that he's the best he's ever seen in training and now Trent Alexander-Arnold has come out and said he's the best he's played who hasn't 'made it'. He even said he thought he'd be one of the best in the world.

Makes me think of other talents we've had who've been that prodigious but just couldn't translate it to a match day and disappeared, Jordan Rossiter another one perhaps? Robbie Fowler thought he was the next one for Liverpool.

It's probably why Gerrard gave Barker chance after chance, he's tearing it up in training but just couldn't do it in the match - must be frustrating as a coach.

What do you guys think? Opinions on Barker and players with a similar story with us or other clubs?

The podcasts that I'm talking about are an Open Goal one a few weeks back with Charlie Mulgrew (I know) and a podcast by Liverpool Football Club that came out today on their YouTube, I haven't got the timestamps apologies.

Barker was rubbish.  End of.

I thought Rossiter had the makings of a good midfielder but the injury problems just wouldn't go away.  

A curveball from me - I thought Pena was pretty good. Obviously had a drink/attitude problem but the lad could definitely create and score goals.  

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Barker was rubbish.  End of.

I thought Rossiter had the makings of a good midfielder but the injury problems just wouldn't go away.  

A curveball from me - I thought Pena was pretty good. Obviously had a drink/attitude problem but the lad could definitely create and score goals.  

Aye he didn't do anything for us tbf, but when ex teammates and pros who've won the biggest trophies say he's got talent then it must've been there somewhere.

Tbh it's pointless asking fans this, as we only see them on the field, when they're shit. 

We don't get to see them looking awesome in training, or as youths. 

I played amateur with a guy who was head and shoulders above anyone in our team in bounce or training games. He was superb, but for whatever reason it just never happened for him on a Saturday.