[Official] Rangers appoint Philippe Clement as new manager

2 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

A huge week coming up for him. 

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect us to win the title. It's still well in our hands. Minimum requirement has to be 2 cups for sure. Give us belief in Europe and beat Celtic a few times

I think you might need to be a bit more realistic and this isn't a huge week for him.  We need to give him some time and not expect miracles.

I've seen a lot posts fearing that Clemente may be another Le Guen in the making but I'm not so sure. For example, Le Guen won 2/3 titles in France but was the heavy lifting and ground work not essentially done by Jaques Santini in the preceeding years? Granted, Le Guen still had to win the titles but from what I can gather from Clemente, he's had a significant impact on 3 Belgian clubs based on what he's introduced to the club. 

Only time will tell.

32 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

His biggest challenge ahead is to start beating Celtic regularly again. Like Gerrard did. Do that and he’ll be fine

I agree, ironically we were beating Celtic and losing against the jobbers under Gerrard.

It's mostly the other way round now.

6 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I've seen a lot posts fearing that Clemente may be another Le Guen in the making but I'm not so sure. For example, Le Guen won 2/3 titles in France but was the heavy lifting and ground work not essentially done by Jaques Santini in the preceeding years? Granted, Le Guen still had to win the titles but from what I can gather from Clemente, he's had a significant impact on 3 Belgian clubs based on what he's introduced to the club. 

Only time will tell.

Who's Clemente? :D

Will be holding my judgement until the end of next season. The remainder of this season is a free hit as far as I'm concerned. I'd be well impressed if he removes the armband from the captain but that won't happen. Largely because there is nobody else to give it to. I'm curious to see how he handles the cowardice of the other teams in league with their 90 minutes of mega bus defending. 

Glad to have a bit of culture back at the club. The last Clement at Rangers wasn't too shabby either.