[Official] Rangers appoint Philippe Clement as new manager

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Are they? They work for independent podcasts. Which mainstream outlet do they work for?

Newsquest. They help support the loss-making The National "newspaper". The Rangers Review is far from independent. 

11 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

We aren't hiring someone like Clement and offering him a packet of crisps and a snowball to spend. He's not risking his career and reputation on a club with no budget. 

I wonder what we told Gerrard and Beale because, since SG's first couple of windows, we haven't had a big net spend.  

We've had a couple of windows since the EL final and since we sold Bassey and Pattterson.

Put simply, we don't have much to spend, despite what Bisgrove says.

Clement told us in his interview he is more-or-less sticking with what he has inherited. Said he likes to work with players and developing them rather than having a large turnover during transfer windows. 

I don't think our board can promise any new manager a "war-chest" as one simply isn't there and at this point in time, we have very few sellable assets. 

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Clement told us in his interview he is more-or-less sticking with what he has inherited. Said he likes to work with players and developing them rather than having a large turnover during transfer windows. 

I don't think our board can promise any new manager a "war-chest" as one simply isn't there and at this point in time, we have very few sellable assets. 

Let’s be honest. What we have should be enough to challenge on all fronts. We have some real quality in the squad. We just need them fit and firing. I don’t think we need a war chest to improve the squad in January. Look what Beale

brought in for buttons in January of this year.

10 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Newsquest. They help support the loss-making The National "newspaper". The Rangers Review is far from independent. 

That’s all true. But in my opinion they create good content and I get the impression the likes of Derek Clark, Chris Jack and Josh Barrie are genuine supporters. I’ll keep my powder dry on Johnny MacFarlane 😂

18 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Bit annoying that Raman asked a question that had already been asked. The mainstream media guys asked some pretty obvious questions the manager had already answered in his interview on Sky and his opening statements. The questions from David Edgar, Josh Barrie and Chris Jack were the only decent questions asked.

There is just not very much of interest to say or ask about.

Even fan media becomes painfully dull after a little while.