[Official] Rangers appoint Philippe Clement as new manager

24 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

The clean slate stuff is meaningless.

He will bring somebody with local knowledge into his coaching team.

Only a matter of time before our local coach shares his insight into how rubbish all of our players are.

Local knowledge on the coaching team is most important.

I propose Neil McCann, knows the game and articulates well.

Further, he knows and understands the media, particularly the cesspit that is the Scottish press and broadcast media. It is a minefield and Clement et al will need someone that knows the safe route through.

Another suggestion would be Kevin Thomson, any other proposals from Gersnet?

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Local knowledge on the coaching team is most important.

I propose Neil McCann ...

Another suggestion would be Kevin Thomson, any other proposals from Gersnet?

nae barry nae rangers

Edited by ranger_syntax

14 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

I don't have the words to describe how deflating it is hearing him giving players we know aren't good enough a clean slate

Damn hard charger.

What are his other options?

Play himself?

By that metric literally every player on the roster has 'let us down'...or have not been 'good enough'.  

You gotta play the hand you are dealt.

Again, reverting back to Clement's interview, the "local / Rangers" knowledge may already be at the club and said the "interim" staff, like the players will be given an opportunity to prove they are worthy of hanging around longer term. 

He also mentioned discussing the club with Thomas Buffel whom he has previously managed and knows from the international set-up. Also said that Buffel would be over "taking in a game" in the near future.

Neil McCann has been a failure in every footballing role he has had since retiring from football and would be better served remaining a pundit. 

Kevin Thompson has somehow fallen off the managerial radar recently and if there is a possibility of him joining Clement's staff, I'm sure Craig will keep us posted. 

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Again, reverting back to Clement's interview, the "local / Rangers" knowledge may already be at the club and said the "interim" staff, like the players will be given an opportunity to prove they are worthy of hanging around longer term. 

He also mentioned discussing the club with Thomas Buffel whom he has previously managed and knows from the international set-up. Also said that Buffel would be over "taking in a game" in the near future.

Neil McCann has been a failure in every footballing role he has had since retiring from football and would be better served remaining a pundit. 

Kevin Thompson has somehow fallen off the managerial radar recently and if there is a possibility of him joining Clement's staff, I'm sure Craig will keep us posted. 

It’s not immediately obvious who he could turn to with knowledge of the club. Good options seem few and far between. 

7 hours ago, CammyF said:

I think he is effectively being black-balled mate due to his Rangers connections - had interviews at a few and a better managerial career than some (despite it only being the year he was at Kelty) but that Rangers connection is tough for him to overcome.

Havent spoken to him for a bit but the passion he has for the Club, the love, respect and standards that Walter taught him, are plain to see - he loves the club - and we all know what his own standards were - so he wouldnt accept half-arsed efforts from the players.  Would obviously, because I am bias, be my choice.

19 minutes ago, craig said:

I think he is effectively being black-balled mate due to his Rangers connections - had interviews at a few and a better managerial career than some (despite it only being the year he was at Kelty) but that Rangers connection is tough for him to overcome.

Havent spoken to him for a bit but the passion he has for the Club, the over, respect and standards that Walter taught him, are plain to see - he loves the club - and we all know what his own standards were - so he wouldnt accept half-arsed efforts from the players.  Would obviously, because I am bias, be my choice.

The type needed to kick some arses 

35 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

How can you say the first line and then type out the Neil McCann one with a straight face. Alex Rae being anywhere near this set up right now is disgraceful. HE has literally failed every single thing he's tried since hanging up his boots. He IS a failure in every way. Yet you think he has a chance to play a part long term? 

I don't - just posting what Clement said. I think he was referring to Steve Davis more than Alex Rae.