Glasgow 2014 The Celtic Games

Am i the only Bear who is absolutley spitting feathers at all this commonwealth games carry on F

F

irst of all like you guys and gals i am football to the core but when i see what is to be done to various site in and around the parkhead area , including the tattie bowl getting a major refurbishment and talk of the subway getting linked up to the parkhead , coinsidence i dont think so ,

Aye but Ibrox is to hold the Rugby 7's and the Mhanks get the opening ceremony , why not Hampden ? baffles the mind :confused: holding the Commonwealth Games opening cereomony at the one place in Great Britain were the Union Jack is despised and spat upon , my friends say its all down to the Red/Green Army down City Chambers way and if so myself and fellow Bears had better brace ourselves.

W.A.T.P

There won't be any Union Jacks at the Commonwealth Games. It'll be the Stan Drews cross, St Georges Cross, The Welsh Flag and the RHoU flag represnting NI.

Got to agree with you opening ceremony though, it should be held at the National Stadium, nowhere else!

There won't be any Union Jacks at the Commonwealth Games. It'll be the Stan Drews cross, St Georges Cross, The Welsh Flag and the RHoU flag represnting NI.

Got to agree with you opening ceremony though, it should be held at the National Stadium, nowhere else!

Baffles the mind mate , Celtic District Council says it all :(

Am i the only Bear who is absolutley spitting feathers at all this commonwealth games carry on F

F

irst of all like you guys and gals i am football to the core but when i see what is to be done to various site in and around the parkhead area , including the tattie bowl getting a major refurbishment and talk of the subway getting linked up to the parkhead , coinsidence i dont think so ,

Aye but Ibrox is to hold the Rugby 7's and the Mhanks get the opening ceremony , why not Hampden ? baffles the mind :confused: holding the Commonwealth Games opening cereomony at the one place in Great Britain were the Union Jack is despised and spat upon , my friends say its all down to the Red/Green Army down City Chambers way and if so myself and fellow Bears had better brace ourselves.

W.A.T.P

GLC is one big tim fest full stop.

If anything, we could use these games to try and get hampdump up to a decent standard .. if the tattiebowl gets any single penny of public money, it's an absolute disgrace!

... and holding the opening ceremony at such a bastion of irishness .... what a stupid gesture!

I was talking to someone who was involved in the redevelopment of Hampden and there's plans for it to be expanded upto 70,000 in the near future. It was redeveloped at the time with the intention of expanding it.