After the group stages we'll be the only scottish team in the competition so all the pot from the knocl outs will be ours :thup:

I seriously hope that comment doesn't come back to bite you on the ass.

2 games to go away and home

Guest SlimJay

I for one would be devestated, cousin has bloody impressed me, he's as strong as a two ton tractor, strongest player ive seen at Ibrox since Atilla. His penalties are fuckin magic an all.

There are going to be a lot of rumours between now and January but i would rather see a couple of players coming in instead of our best players leaving.

Some of the fringe players may go out but i don't expect any of the toppers to leave.

There are going to be a lot of rumours between now and January but i would rather see a couple of players coming in instead of our best players leaving.

Some of the fringe players may go out but i don't expect any of the toppers to leave.

i really can't see anyone coming in to tell the truth :(

Celtic only made �£12million from the CL last season because they were the sole Scottish qualifiers.

This season both of us made it so the pot will be halved.

Any CL profits plus any sales in January may not be necessarily ploughed back into the team. :(

I believe the pot money (market pool) is actually only about �£5.5M, so instead of pocketing the lot each team gets a share with Celtic receiving a bigger share as champions - 55%.

Last year there was a "participation premium" of €2M plus a surplus bonus of €1M. Add on €400k for each group game played plus 600k for a victory and €300k for a draw.

That means before the last 16 Celtic earned €7.2M then another €2.2M for reaching the last 16.

So that's €9.4 + €7.8 market pool makes €17.2M. This works out just about Ã?£12M

Of course they should have made about another �£10 from ticket sales etc, giving them a total of about �£22M.

So if we optimistically (and plausibly) get 4 points in the remaining two games and (pessimistically) go out in the last 16, we should receive about �£9.4M plus about 10M in gate receipts etc.

I would be dissapointed if WS sold any regular first team players in Jan. Cousin has been playing well and his first touch and close control is outstanding for such a big guy, I also think there is more to come from him.

If for example WS sold a couple of players ie Cousin & Hutton, replacements would need to be purchased and there is no guarantee we could find suitable players at that stage in the season. A dangerous situation to get into if we are pushing for the championship.