Souness Returning?

I don't think he wants anything too stressful or impactful. Probably some PR gig under the badge. 

He is in his golden years. This is the normal progression of things for old folks.

He can putter around, rub elbows, and STS with football people all while reppin Rangers. 

It will be good for him and the team. 

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

God save us from the negativity of people trying to drag us backwards when we're starting to move forwards. I mean, what exactly is the point of that post?

Graeme Souness having a role at Rangers isn't about his opinion of Frank Lampard or anyone else. It's about him making a contribution to our club.

Yes, happy to have him working at the club. But if it's consulting and that's his advice then it isn't worth it.

10 hours ago, PoohBear said:

I don't care how detailed a response is if it's wrong.

We're you privy to Lanpards interview? Do you know what he presented as his vision for Rangers?

I certainly didn't want Lampard as manager, but Souness obviously saw something he liked. 

As Bill said, it's not about his opinion on Lampard it's about how he can contribute to Rangers going forward. 

I for one will welcome Souness back 

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I don't mind having Souness around as an ambassador. 

But as a football consultant? No. 

He's a dinosaur. He's actually a dinosaur in punditry, never mind actual footballing matters. 

I’ll be amazed if Souness is to have any role in football operations. Much more likely he will focus on supporter relations in an attempt to reassure and bolster a profoundly spooked fan base. 

Just now, Bill said:

I’ll be amazed if Souness is to have any role in football operations. Much more likely he will focus on supporter relations in an attempt to reassure and bolster a profoundly spooked fan base. 

I would accept that. 

He is literally talking about a consultancy role i.e. a role to provide expert advice on the football aspect of the club. He's not interviewing to be club mascot. I don't want a consultant that provides advice that we should sign a manager who has continuously failed, Jesus imagine having Lampard in right now.

Happy to have him back in another role.