Derek Johnstone

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

DJ is 70 today.  

263278779.jpg.gallery.jpg

It is a fantastic photo'.

DJ is surrounded by three opposition players and Jim Craig. The three are David Hay, Billy McNeill and, Bobby Murdoch/George Connolly?

Jim Craig left Sellik and emigrated to apartheid South Africa. Several years later he returned to Scotland and became a bankrupt Dentist. You do not get many of those in a lucky bag.

Edited by 26th of foot

2 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

It is a fantastic photo'.

DJ is surrounded by three opposition players and Jim Craig. The three are David Hay, Billy McNeill and, Bobby Murdoch/George Connolly?

Jim Craig left Sellik and emigrated to apartheid South Africa. Several years later he returned to Scotland and became a bankrupt Dentist. You do not get many of those in a lucky bag.

I recall when I was young. Jim Craig was a talking head on Scotsport and Scotland Today. Would have been mid to late 80's. 

My old man was never a fan to the point he'd switch over the TV when he started talking. Being young I couldn't quite comprehend why. It was only as I got older I understood.

Anyway,  this thread is about Derek Johnstone. I only saw him at the very end of his career and really feel I missed a great player.

3 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Several years later he returned to Scotland and became a bankrupt Dentist.

He was my dentist,along with the "singing dentist"Alistair Gillies" at the practice in Achamore Road,Drumchapel,both very good dentists.There was another Donald Christie a bit of a butcher.

Anyway happy birthday DJ and some wonderful memories.