New wheelchair and singing sections announced

No matter where the club relocated the UB / Broomie Collective it was going to cause a fuss. I've been a member of The Blue Order and sat close to UBs for years. Can't say it bothered me. Any time Ive had any interaction with UBs (during displays) they have been fine, explaining what was happening and what to expect. 

I'll remain in the Broomie for the time being as not part of UB or BC so don't think I'll be able to put in for a transfer. 

I'll be more upset if this does mean a return of Celtic getting the entire Broomie. No way I'm paying a ST and being omitted or relocated to host them.

Also good and long-awaited news / update for the disabled supporters who've waited far to long for this. 

2 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I dont see how waving a flag is encouraging the team to play while the ball is in play. All it is doing is obstructing the view of Rangers fans who actually want to watch the team play. Incredible capitulation by the club.

They've said that flags should not be raised while the ball is in play. It'll be interesting to see if they stick to that.

I'd have thought that a big issue would also be those remaining in CF whose view may be obstructed by the singing section who stand for the whole game. I'd be asking for a seat move if I had to stand for the whole game.

2 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Its almost as if they think the great atmosphere at the big Euro games was down to them and not the other 49,000 supporters who made the noise on those occasions. If it was all down to them then surely the atmosphere would be good every week? Newsflash, it isnt. It is just an irritable drumbeat throughout the game adding nothing to the atmosphere.

TBF, virtually all atmosphere in regular games is created by them. the stadium would be a morgue at times without them.

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

They've said that flags should not be raised while the ball is in play. It'll be interesting to see if they stick to that.

I'd have thought that a big issue would also be those remaining in CF whose view may be obstructed by the singing section who stand for the whole game. I'd be asking for a seat move if I had to stand for the whole game.

TBF, virtually all atmosphere in regular games is created by them. the stadium would be a morgue at times without them.

I sit in BF4 and have to stand most games, that not down to UBs

Agree 100% on atmosphere 

Edited by CammyF

30 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

BTW is there an image of this new cantilever area? 

It will just look the same as the Bar 72 cantilever seats that were added to the Govan stand in 2006 (i.e. a few rows added to the front of the Copland Rear; along with areas for wheelchair users in this new version).

Pre-Bar 72:

GDADo_bXwAAO6rs?format=jpg&name=900x900

Post Bar 72

GDADpVpWsAAYjSM?format=jpg&name=medium

H/T @joeywheelerE4A on X for the images

9 minutes ago, Frankie said:

It will just look the same as the Bar 72 cantilever seats that were added to the Govan stand in 2006 (i.e. a few rows added to the front of the Copland Rear; along with areas for wheelchair users in this new version).

Pre-Bar 72:

GDADo_bXwAAO6rs?format=jpg&name=900x900

Post Bar 72

GDADpVpWsAAYjSM?format=jpg&name=medium

H/T @joeywheelerE4A on X for the images

Not to go into too much details etc but what about people with limited capabilities, I got nerve damage and other injuries whilst serving and front row area/ seats would be ideal due to navigating steps etc I’m guessing this area will be for all types of disability or just wheelchair users? Sorry if this has been covered just a thing I found difficult whilst in Ibrox recently. 

17 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Not to go into too much details etc but what about people with limited capabilities, I got nerve damage and other injuries whilst serving and front row area/ seats would be ideal due to navigating steps etc I’m guessing this area will be for all types of disability or just wheelchair users? Sorry if this has been covered just a thing I found difficult whilst in Ibrox recently. 

I don't know for sure mate but I assume for all.  You'd have to email the disability officer for more details but there will, of course, be a waiting list for these spaces and other more accessible seating areas.

33 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I don't know for sure mate but I assume for all.  You'd have to email the disability officer for more details but there will, of course, be a waiting list for these spaces and other more accessible seating areas.

Thanks Frankie🤜🏼♥️🤍💙

21 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I wouldn't place a penny on them adhering to the flags down during play. Having been in about them on several occasions at away games and asked them to put the flags down during play, all you get back is abuse and ignored. Then they want everyone to join in on a sit down jump up moment and get annoyed when you wont reciprocate. 

But what atmosphere are they generating. All I hear is that bloody drum, and some infantile made up songs about players who have done nothing in the Rangers careers to date to merit such adulation. To me it doesnt add anything to the atmosphere, just some background noise. Atmosphere at the games is generated when the team is playing well and the crowd join in and sometimes when the referee is cheating and the crowd rise in defiance/annoyance. At very big games it can sometimes work the other way around. I would suggest it has very little to do with that corner. Trying to respect the other fans who want to watch the game instead of filming themselves would be a good start.