CEO event - stadium expansion plans

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

This was first mentioned months ago.  

I remember talk of completing seating of the corners and maybe adding about 10,000 in total but I don't remember any mention of increasing the two end stands by up to 10,000 each. That would be a 70,000+ stadium. The old story is where does the money come from?

The Copland and Broomloan stands hold about 7.5k each.  Are they planning to make them both four tiers?  

Sounds like extreme pie in the sky stuff.

Edit: just read Tannoch's post - that makes more sense although still probably a distant dream.

Edited by Gonzo79

• Rousseau changed the title to CEO event - stadium expansion plans

If the assumption is that the club will finance by itself a 40% expansion of stadium capacity then it's probably right be cynical. However, there are other ways to view this. For example, should Rangers enter into an arrangement with an external developer to create (say) a hotel or office complex at one end of the ground then at least part of the expansion becomes financially possible. I believe it is only by acquiring development partners that such significant redevelopment of the stadium becomes truly feasible. I would be very surprised if Bisgrove didn't realise this long ago.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

If the assumption is that the club will finance by itself a 40% expansion of stadium capacity then it's probably right be cynical. However, there are other ways to view this. For example, should Rangers enter into an arrangement with an external developer to create (say) a hotel or office complex at one end of the ground then at least part of the expansion becomes financially possible. I believe it is only by acquiring development partners that such significant redevelopment of the stadium becomes truly feasible. I would be very surprised if Bisgrove didn't realise this long ago.

Forgive me for my rudimentary know how but surely the club could secure a loan off the back of the new season tickets available?

I'm no expert so please tell me if I'm being simple but if we fully fill in the corners and lower the pitch to add 6 rows on each stand - roughly 10k say, could you use that to secure the loan? The cheapest ST's we have are £500 more or less, you'd pay off a £50m loan in a decade and won't have to cut costs?