I've had it for two years and think the quality is poor. The picture so far has not been in widescreen, which once you've had you can't do without, and the compression seems higher than on the BBC or Sky Sports so there is a lot of edge effects etc and so it's not pretty to watch on a 2m projector screen.

The scheduling is also poor with nothing on most of the time when they could be repeating the highlights incase you missed them or what I would like is a programme with say 25min of highlights per game as well as the one with 10. I could then record it and just watch the Rangers one. The highlights are usually on a Sunday evening which is annoying. Surely it should be shown first on a Saturday evening?

I'm also not impressed with the commentry and punditry.

RTV is virtually left unwatched for me as Ibrox Uncovered is completely sanitised so that no-one is allowed to say anything against the party line. The rest is more for nostalgics or people who want to watch the whole game two days after it was played. They also do young guns but I'd prefer highlights than the whole game again. I'm not prepared to sit for two hours to watch a repeat of a reserve match. What Rangers TV doesn't have is much insight into what is going on at Ibrox and you get more news from Reporting Scotland.

One annoying thing is that they only show anything at all during prime time when other stuff is on. I might watch more of the Setanta channels if they had something on during the day or late at night when the rest of the tv channels are boring. But they are off the air during these times.

So unless you like american sport, Dutch, German, French and Italian football, Gaelic football and Irish rugby and loads of old Rangers games as well as reserve games, it's not great value for money IMHO.

However, I'll probably be resubscribing as I don't want to miss the PLG revolution...

Should be better this year as more money is being invested into the station...

Also supposedly Jim white and Ian Crocker will be introducing and commentating respectively. Not sure if that's for the Scottish version or the new EPL programme and/or both...

:)

Should be better this year as more money is being invested into the station...

Also supposedly Jim white and Ian Crocker will be introducing and commentating respectively. Not sure if that's for the Scottish version or the new EPL programme and/or both...

:)

Jim White? Rob MacLean's been dumped?

As I say, it's more likely that White will be the flagship presenter rather than the local one.

And going by what Stewarty said, that might not be this season but next.

The way I look at it is, for £14/15 per month you usually get at least 2 Gers away games per month (plus all the extras if they are of interest) which I would not usually get the chance to see. Also if you go to the pub to watch them instead you will end up spending a lot more so it doesn't seem like bad value for money.

One of the reasons they showed less Gers games last season was because we were pish so while we were languishing in 4th place they chose to show more Hearts games instead. Hopefully that will all change this season

am i thinking of investing in setanta this year. previously didnt want to coz there stealing the games off Terrestrial telly, but seeing as they ve got the contract for a few good years i'll probably take it!

The only reason ive got it this time around after resisting it the past few years is because i dont want to miss any games of le revelution. :D

Im still not sure if i did it right though, tried to put on the tic game last night to see if it was working but it wasnt.