Scotland u21 including Rangers players

On 21/11/2023 at 23:58, SykseyBear said:

They will soon be phased out the international set up.....Rangers players aren't allowed to play for Scotland these days. Wait and see.....

Tim McGregor over Jack and Tim Hendry and Tim McKenna over Souttar are disgraceful decisions by the Tim Alky. Even Clarke and Kelly over McCrorie are awful decisions. Playing or not. 

I'm sure you can all see the common denominator!  It's what failed Strachan and is what will fail the overrated alky. 

You may be correct, but you can't argue with the results and qualification record Scotland have under Clarke. 

5 hours ago, CammyF said:

You may be correct, but you can't argue with the results and qualification record Scotland have under Clarke. 

I could. The hysteria off the back of Scotland (ranked 33) beating nations ranked 44, 77 and 111 is OTT.  Overall during the campaign we took points from one team ranked above us (Spain at home) and dropped points against 2 teams ranked below us. 

We qualified, but you have to expect to in the group we were drawn in. We'll get skelped as usual at the finals. 

Edited by weebluedevil

I don't want to come across as an arrogant little Englander but it's pretty fucking hard to not qualify for tournaments with the expansions and the nations league now.

I'll happily take flak for this but both Scotland and Wales have squads of which the majority of players are EFL championship standard, albeit good championship players. I think it's a myth that these generations of players for yours and the Welsh team are breaking the mould - they've just played in a very forgiving qualification system at the time.

For what it's worth I think England under Southgate are flat track bullies and have a chronic inferiority complex - they have the players to win something but not the mindset (or coach).

Not a day goes by when I don't think about Rangers and on none of those days do I ever think about the Scotland international team. I'm not interested in the Scotland team or who plays in it. I never watch it and really couldn't give a stuff whether it succeeds or fails.

It's like removing a thorn from under your fingernail.

On 23/11/2023 at 23:01, Bill said:

Not a day goes by when I don't think about Rangers and on none of those days do I ever think about the Scotland international team. I'm not interested in the Scotland team or who plays in it. I never watch it and really couldn't give a stuff whether it succeeds or fails.

It's like removing a thorn from under your fingernail.

Then why consistently post about them?

4 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

As would i. The results are ridiculously over egged. He's done ok. I don't think he's over achieved by any stretch. I don't think he's done a brilliant job, he's had as many poor results as good ones. His over reliance on Celtic minded players will mean Scotland never reach potential too. What's clear form what i do in my personal life is everything in Scottish football, at Hampden and within the SPLF and SFA revolves around Celtic FC. Everything. I see and witness it first hand. 

If we are to reverse that, we will need to pay more Scots in the Rangers team. Jack would always be first choice but for his injuries; he is not an alternative to McGregor who is left-sided and more attacking. Souttar would also have had more caps if he had not had such a horrendous injury list.

Wow! I certainly believe Aberdeen lie down to the green hordes and play out of their skins v us. Gilmour and Ferguson? Agree entirely. Not sure McLean is better than Calmac; his passing is erratic, but he is definitely one of Clarke's favourites and a certainty for the Euros. One reason Taylor gets in ahead of say, Doig, is because the manager aims at consistency of selection: you don't get that by changing and chopping according to form. Shankland is worthy of a start, but Dykes and Adams have proved their worth over a period so you don't suddenly jettison experience.

20 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

McGregor attacking? Eh? Callum McGregor? There isn't an attacking bone in his body. And when it comes to European and International football he disappears. Selected because of who he is only. He's a myth. 

I don't believe for a second Souttar would have had more caps, as a Rangers player, no chance, he's been in plenty squads as a Rangers player and not been selected to start. 

Kenny McLean is a better player than Callum McGregor. Billy Gilmour is Scotlands best player. Lewis Ferguson is a better player than Callum McGregor and Armstrong and Christie. John McGinn is the only tim who deserves his place in Scotlands midfield. Team in fact. Brown and Dykes ahead of Shankland? Really? There's examples everywhere you look in the national set up. Everywhere. A tim left back ahead of Patterson at right back. 

Celtics 2 full backs are f*cking horrendous and both are in every squad. Anthony Ralston??? C'mon man. 

The bottom line here is there is a stone wall undeniable concerted effort within Scottish football to give a bigger and better platform to certain players from certain backgrounds. Billy Gilmour only got into an SFA school after a 2nd attempt, they knocked him back first time round, he had to go back and try again. Look at all the wee tims who are playing in Scotland these days. The 3 McGinn brothers....2 of them are dug meat. None of them would have made it had the McGinns been a Rangers family. Handed careers because of who their granda is. John would never have made it if he was a bluenose. He was tiny, he lacked everything you need to be a professional. Yet still got that contract! A career handed to him.  Look at the line ups at most Scottish league clubs and the teams are littered, full, of wee tims. Everywhere. It's so much harder for Rangers minded kids to make it in Scotland these days. I call it Political Ethnic Cleansing. 

That's without mentioning Rangers being everyones cup final!.....it's everywhere. 

You had me in complete agreement.... until you suggested Christie is a better player than McGregor - Christie is absolute dugmeat.  Not a chance he is a better player than McGregor.  The rest I agree with