Parkhead increased to 70,000 ?

There is a tim in my work who live's in the east end of Glasgow and claims there is plans to increase Parkhead to 70,000 + for the Commonwealth games

at the expence of the taxpayer , hope this isnt true as there will be civil war outside the City Chambers if Rangers fans are paying to increase and do up that shithole of a stadium.

I know not to believe everything a tim says but this is Glasgow.

There is a tim in my work who live's in the east end of Glasgow and claims there is plans to increase Parkhead to 70,000 + for the Commonwealth games

at the expence of the taxpayer , hope this isnt true as there will be civil war outside the City Chambers if Rangers fans are paying to increase and do up that shithole of a stadium.

I know not to believe everything a tim says but this is Glasgow.

i heard it was 100,000 + with a roof and would be the best stadia in the world :uzi:

I doubt this is true. That would cost millions upon millions for one event. Unlikely in the extreme.

Thats why it would cause such an uproar if it were to happen but

I hope it doesnt happen , but you never know with an ex labour man as chairman at parkhead and all the shettleston's in the council.

If there stadium gets upgrading then fair enough as long as they pay for it and the tax payer doesnt. The odd grant here and there is ok but the full amount would be ludicrious - but as frankie says very unlikely. It cost us a few million for Bar72 alone which added 900 seats.

Maybe Hampden will take note of a 70k stadium then they will follow suit and get its capacity up so future games like last saturday can hold more fans.

I think parkhead would be easier to upgrade than Ibrox, they can put an extra tier on that old shed where the players come out. But we need to either rip the screens out, or lower the pitch or take the club deck stairs out. Making our stands higher would be costly!!

What Scotland needs is a 70k stadium for big matches like OF cup finals and Scotland games unless they start using Murrayfield. Plus we need a 30k stadium for cup semi finals where the OF arent involved. We have plenty stadia between 10-20 thousand then there is a jump to Ibrox and hampden of 50,000.