[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 90+4pen)

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

As someone who first went to football in the 80s, I can't imagine standing (or sitting) next to an Aberdeen fan at a match.  Seems like a totally alien concept.  

Early to Mid 90s after the old Beach end was rebuild we got half of the South Stand and used to unofficially get Section F of the Main stand so you'd have a section of us next to them. It was easy to get tickets for that area and during the game they wouldnt bother us at all but escaping the ground with colours on was mission impossible. 

4 minutes ago, Gribz said:

watching games from afar and hearing that drum has to be one of the most annoying things - on par with Cling Film sticking when trying to unwrap it. 

Aye, it's actually putting me off football, it's that bad.  They've even managed to ruin Follow Follow with it.

Wee tip for the (un)drummer, Follow Follow slows down and speeds up, naturally, at certain points, ya bloody idiot.

Edited by Gonzo79

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aye, it's actually putting me off football, it's that bad.  They've even managed to ruin Follow Follow with it.

Wee tip for the (un)drummer, Follow Follow slows down and speeds up, naturally, at certain points, ya bloody idiot.

He’s certainly no Buddy Rich that’s for sure 

31 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

And at most other grounds. It was great. Cheer and counter cheer. Terrific atmosphere much better than modern drumming times.

The fact that most Rangers fans can't imagine this ever happening is a clear measure of how the world has gone to shit over the last 50 years. The wonderful, united, compassionate country you and I remember is gone forever.

30 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Ive just returned to the forum recently and havent mentioned this before, but watching games from afar and hearing that drum has to be one of the most annoying things - on par with Cling Film sticking when trying to unwrap it. 

That fucking drum is beyond depressing but its demented monotony is the perfect accompaniment to the dull-minded rabble displaying like preening parrots at every game. Why do they need a drum to support the team?

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

That fucking drum is beyond depressing but its demented monotony is the perfect accompaniment to the dull-minded rabble displaying like preening parrots at every game. Why do they need a drum to support the team?

Who is actually for it? I cant believe its been allowed for so long.    

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

As someone who first went to football in the 80s, I can't imagine standing (or sitting) next to an Aberdeen fan at a match.  Seems like a totally alien concept.  

Over the years I've sat / stood in the home end of most SPL grounds (without colours). 

Edited by CammyF