[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 90+4pen)

Aberdeen outwitted Rangers at Ibrox not long ago. More recently they were crushed at another match in Glasgow though they did hold the opposition to 3-0 at ninety minutes. Their record against other clubs is patchy but they are capable of managing one-off games like cup-ties.

Rangers will be selecting a team from the same group of players as last time so you might say nothing has changed since the 1-3 defeat. True about the team but a significant change is the departure of Beale. Maybe the arrival of Clement is also significant but as Bill cautions, an optimistic rush to judgement isn’t wise. PC does have a look about him of a Rangers manager.

If the players have the right attitude and play to their ability, Rangers will win. Can’t believe my confidence. I’m a Rousseau-style fear merchant.

39 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Undeniable. But as @Uilleam put it so well, without the musical talent and to be honest without the hills. Borders hills are better.

The Borders doesn't really have hills, more like grassy hummocks 😉

Back in the day, a trip to Furryboots City was the seasonal highlight for the majority of west, central based RSCs. The club Secretary would book the bus into a Hotel in Stonehaven/city Masonic club for a purvey fish lunch, enjoy the game and, refreshment stop in Perth/Aucterarder/Blackford, pour off the bus back home around Midnight. A 14-15 hour day was endured for the Rangers.

Then, Aberdeen FC and their supporters decided we were their rivals. 

I blame Lewis Grassic Gibbon and the Scots Quair; all that incest and repressed homosexuality, fair puts you off your cullen skink.

3 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Back in the day, a trip to Furryboots City was the seasonal highlight for the majority of west, central based RSCs. The club Secretary would book the bus into a Hotel in Stonehaven/city Masonic club for a purvey fish lunch, enjoy the game and, refreshment stop in Perth/Aucterarder/Blackford, pour off the bus back home around Midnight. A 14-15 hour day was endured for the Rangers.

I blame Lewis Grassic Gibbon and the Scots Quair; all that incest and repressed homosexuality, fair puts you off your cullen skink.

I remember when a trip to an Aberdeen-Rangers game was a weekend affair and we were welcomed to the city. I've a clear memory of standing side by side with Aberdeen fans at Pittodrie and not a hint of animosity. That was the 1960s, before society lost its mind.

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Like I said, a hummock. Hardly uphill at all.

To the Devil's Beeftub with you!

Anyway, let's get into these mullet, moustache and stone washed jeans wearing tossers!  

Edited by Gonzo79

33 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Our bus used to stop at a wee snooker club in Arbroath on way to and back from Aberdeen - some great trips but the results were "indifferent " 

34 minutes ago, Bill said:

I've a clear memory of standing side by side with Aberdeen fans at Pittodrie and not a hint of animosity.

And at most other grounds. It was great. Cheer and counter cheer. Terrific atmosphere much better than modern drumming times.