Rangers announce winter friendly against FC Copenhagen

1 hour ago, SykseyBear said:

Don't know why anyone would have an issue with this. An exciting opponent. Great club. Mental fans. Brilliant test for us. 

Gives the team that level of opposition we will face in the last 32 closer to that fixture than our last European game this year. No brainer. 

I think they may be above that level (conference league last 32).......😜

20 hours ago, yuddie said:

You are taking the piss with this aren't you?

It was rather tongue in cheek yes!

Do you not see this as Clement wanting a good opponent to work with the team during the winter break?

Mmm not convinced we need a full friendly for this purpose, we play good opponents every 3 or 4 days and struggle like hell due to burn out , injury etc. IMO the same objective can be achieved in a behind closed doors game.

Having a bounce match during the winter break isn't revolutionary like, even less so when you've got a new manager who's still assessing the squad.

I think "bounce match" sums up my personal objection to this. As a few have commented, they'll give it a miss. I don't know how much the club will be charging for this "friendly" but after the excessive charges of earlier Euro matches and at least one another (probable ELC) it seems a lot. I do get the "no one's forcing anyone to pay" line as well

If I've bitten then fair play, if not and you're sincere than that's just baffling.

Don't get to baffled buddy. It was a rather glib cynical post highlighting the fact that we play so many games in a short period. Many fans berate the heavy game schedules, the constant injury spate, club or country playing dilemma etc etc