The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

16 hours ago, CammyF said:

Could be a genuine offer, but, to me, more likely 'saving face' and preparing from him to leave with the line "Well we offered him the best we could, he decided he wanted to move on"

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Whatever his strengths and weaknesses were, he'll not be back here. 

I think you are right about that.

This will ensure that it is discussed, at length, for a very long time.

34 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

Could be a genuine offer, but, to me, more likely 'saving face' and preparing from him to leave with the line "Well we offered him the best we could, he decided he wanted to move on"

If they value him at around 4 million its fair for him to be looking for a 4 million pound player contract.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

You'll always find some fans who have an irrational dislike for a player and some of the hyperbole is unbecoming of a player who gave us a lot over the years.

Well, the big problem with him was that he was asked to play in a role that was required to score and assist. His big asset is his speed. Against the packed defences in the Scottish game, who essentially sussed him out after half a year or so, he simply did not score enough from the chances he created. His tally was utterly cool for a winger, no doubt about that. 

Now we have an upgrade in Sima, who is doing what he is asked to do, but let's have a look:

Abdallah Sima -  33 games (avg. 71 mins) - 15 goals - 3 assists

Ross McCausland - 21 games (avg. 57 mins) - 3 goals  -1 assists

Scott Wright - 99 games (avg. 36 mins) - 9 goals - 7 assists

Ryan Kent - 218 games (avg. 81 mins) - 33 goals - 56 assists* 

One can do the maths regarding goals and assists and the time inbetween each.

Anyway, we have an overload in wingers and wing-player still.

*How many of those was a foul for a penalty that was usually converted by Tavernier? Especially in Europe?

Okay, now some rumours ...

Ridvan seems to be going to Galatasaray after all, not on loan, but with a 4m +/- fee involved. Or so they say.

Rangers are one of a several clubs who have reportedly made an approach for 21-year-old striker Luca Langoni

Langoni plays at Boca Juniors, has a contract till 2027, and is actually more a right winger. He will cost quite a bit.

Rangers are now looking at Benfica left back David Jurasek on a loan deal.

Jurasek moved to Benfica last summer in a 12m deal till 2028.

According to the Daily Mail, the Light Blues are one of a number of clubs showing an interest in versatile West Ham United defender Ben Johnson.

The report claims that Leeds United are keen on the young full-back, whilst Premier League side Sheffield United and Rangers are both monitoring his situation.

Old news ...

10 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Rangers are one of a several clubs who have reportedly made an approach for 21-year-old striker Luca Langoni

Langoni plays at Boca Juniors, has a contract till 2027, and is actually more a right winger. He will cost quite a bit.

Read a follow-up specifically to this one that apparently Rangers were interested in the Summer under Beale but were told the release clause was £10million so we said no and spent it on Dessers and Danilo instead

I'll be honest and it's a bit tragic but I only really started watching the team in Eck's second season but...

Kents performance away in Dortmund is probably the best 90 mins I've seen from a player for us, the right back moved to Munich the season after so he's not exactly a bum. Scored a worldie on the night too iirc.

On his day, and I hate that caveat, he could ruin any defence in Europe imo.

I can barely remember Fergie in the cup final v Celtic mind. That would be up there.