The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

Jack has played at least 21 games in every season for us. 

I'll expect a de-aged Batistuta at Auchenhowie on the morrow! 

In isolation that may be an acceptable stat. However given our squad is made up of around half of players that are just constantly injured and we play around 50 games a season in my opinion it’s just not good enough.

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

In isolation that may be an acceptable stat. However given our squad is made up of around half of players that are just constantly injured and we play around 50 games a season in my opinion it’s just not good enough.

That's the debate. 

Some agree with you, some think it is enough. 

I think Roofe should be let go, in a similar vein, but Jack plays enough, for me, and I think his presence around the place is important. 

There's no right or wrong answer. 

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

He has played about 10 full matches worth of minutes this season. 

That's a circumlocution worthy of Sturgeon hersel'. 

How many matches has he started? 

How many has he lasted 90 mins?

I know he is a good player, but, and it may be just my impression, he starts few games, and often seems to be injured, or coming back from injury. 

I don't know if the Belgians are prone to sentiment, but even if it is a national trait, I don't think that PC has much room for manoevre, frankly. 

22 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

That's a circumlocution worthy of Sturgeon hersel'. 

How many matches has he started? 

How many has he lasted 90 mins?

I know he is a good player, but, and it may be just my impression, he starts few games, and often seems to be injured, or coming back from injury. 

I don't know if the Belgians are prone to sentiment, but even if it is a national trait, I don't think that PC has much room for manoevre, frankly. 

I'm not disagreeing. 

I'm only saying if he can play 20-30 games in a season, which he has done in every season (Aberdeen and Rangers), I'd be happy to keep him around. 

It's just my opinion. There's no right or wrong answer.

13 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm not disagreeing. 

I'm only saying if he can play 20-30 games in a season, which he has done in every season (Aberdeen and Rangers), I'd be happy to keep him around. 

It's just my opinion. There's no right or wrong answer.

If he could start, and complete, 25 games per season, he would be able to start and complete over 40 games. And no-one would have a problem.

Big fan of the Diomande signing. Centre mid urgently needed strengthening, and Diomande seems to have the skillset to make an instant impact but develop into a better player over time. A return to a trading model after a summer window where we abandoned it. Diomande is more promising than Cifuentes for me, only concern being that the stats suggest he is utterly hopeless in the air. You can't have it all though. 

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

He has always played at least 21 games a season. 

He has played 16 this season at the halfway point. 

For a team who can conceivably play 60+ games with deep runs in Europe and cup finals anything less than 35 apps (available for) a season is pretty unreliable imo, negligible even. Especially for a first teamer.

I didn't rate Aribo half as much as Ryan Jack as a player but I'd take him over Jack if I had a choice because he'll put down 90 minutes 2 or 3 times a week for the full season.

I don't mean this in a disparaging sense but Ryan Jack would be brilliant for a Kilmarnock or Motherwell just because of how much r&r he'd have between games. It's 3x a week for a full season with us - and then we schedule two bounce games during the winter break too.