The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

After the past few years, I don't understand how anyone can get excited about new signings. 

Far too many disappointments.  

Ain’t that the truth.

8 hours ago, yuddie said:

For a team who can conceivably play 60+ games with deep runs in Europe and cup finals anything less than 35 apps (available for) a season is pretty unreliable imo, negligible even. Especially for a first teamer.

I didn't rate Aribo half as much as Ryan Jack as a player but I'd take him over Jack if I had a choice because he'll put down 90 minutes 2 or 3 times a week for the full season.

I don't mean this in a disparaging sense but Ryan Jack would be brilliant for a Kilmarnock or Motherwell just because of how much r&r he'd have between games. It's 3x a week for a full season with us - and then we schedule two bounce games during the winter break too.

Aribo was injured a lot. especially in his first couple of seasons. 

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

After the past few years, I don't understand how anyone can get excited about new signings. 

Far too many disappointments.  

Red flags were there in the stats for most of our summer signings. In particular, the stats indicated that only Sima was a good goalscorer. The rest all had very average xG vs Goals, or very poor in Lammers’ case. I don't know how Beale expected that to go. 

The usual caveats apply with Diomande as with any in terms of settling in and adapting, but I don't see red flags in his stats at least, other than being hopeless in the air. Very good signing on paper. 

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

other than being hopeless in the air. Very good signing on paper.

Stuart McCall must have headered the ball bit I can’t remember it.

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Aribo was injured a lot. especially in his first couple of seasons. 

According to wiki Aribo played 149 games in 3 seasons, if 80% of our squad could average 50 games a season for us over the duration of their contracts we'd be in a great position.

7 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

According to wiki Aribo played 149 games in 3 seasons, if 80% of our squad could average 50 games a season for us over the duration of their contracts we'd be in a great position.

And the other 20% could add real quality over 20-30 games.

Someone like, I don't know, Ryan Jack? Maybe? :D