The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

53 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Stuart McCall must have headered the ball bit I can’t remember it.

Great minds, I was about to use him as an example!. This is where stats can be unhelpful, McCall may not have won a huge amount of aerial duels, but you didn't have a free header if he was marking you, this makes a huge difference. We have many examples of great midfielders that you wouldn't say were dominant in the air, Albertz, Tugay, Ferguson, Reyna to name but a few....

Are we about to see our second signing with  Diomande ? Got no sources as the sources I get it from are S@&t  DR and the ☀️ 🤣🤣 let’s hope a few more can exit also or it’s just going to be the same old injuries till the end of the next window. Let’s give the young ones a go Lyall especially 🤜🏼♥️🤍💙

IMG_1010.jpeg

Edited by Fa1833

17 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

you didn't have a free header if he (McCall) was marking you,

In a nutshell. Sometimes it’s better not to win the header so long as the other guy doesn’t get an easy go at it.

The way modern football is played, I don't think there's much need for midfielders to be particularly good at heading the ball.  

What bothers me far more is tackling being a dying art.

19 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Are we about to see our second signing with  Diomande ? Got no sources as the sources I get it from are S@&t  DR and the ☀️ 🤣🤣 let’s hope a few more can exit also or it’s just going to be the same old injuries till the end of the next window. Let’s give the young ones a go Lyall especially 🤜🏼♥️🤍💙

IMG_1010.jpeg

Bailey Rice is another. Beale said he was 'absolutely ready.' Been on a the bench a few times.

3 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Bailey Rice is another. Beale said he was 'absolutely ready.'

Beale is down there with our worst ever managers and already on a shoogly peg at Sunderland, after only a couple of months.