The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

43 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Gijs Smal has been associated with the two Scottish top clubs Celtic and Rangers FC for some time. The latter now seems to have taken the lead in signing the left back. According to Turkish journalist Orçun Ak, who says he writes for Ihlas Haber Ajansi, FC Twente has now reached an agreement with Rangers FC about the transfer fee.

https://www.twenteinsite.nl/transfers/transferproat-fc-twente-en-rangers-bereiken-akkoord-over-smal?twit=862

Another no-name Turkish journo pushes news about a foreign left-back's move which may or may not trigger the move of Ridvan to a Turkish club that a Turkish newspaper falsely claimed was forced upon Rangers by said Ridvan who seemingly knew not much about it. (I know that English speakers like their short sentences ... )

Just in ... we are willing (?) to pay Euro 5.3m for Diomande (I think not, he'S 11 months left on his contract)

... and we are interested in Luke Young (left-back) of Leiceister ...

5 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

That sentence shows you're completely missing the point as to why many of us don't want it.

The likes of Man City, PSG and Red Bull aren't Scottish.  Christ, their owners aren't even European. 

Winnin dont give a shit about flags.

4 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Cant wait for the Wrexham City cheerleaders performing the half time show at the Wembley FA Superbowl with Dr Dre while James Bond parachutes in for the fourth quarter.

erection GIF

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Perhaps we need to decide what our club really means to us and how much we’re willing to sacrifice for the sake of an increasingly dubious notion of success. 

Sacrifice or transition to success? The biggest problem is acceptance of what is required. 
I think the truth of what would be scares the very traditional fan base of Rangers. They cannot accept wgat needs to be done.

They don't want to lose their identity or autonomy. Which is cool but then be prepared to accept your failure. 
The world is a dynamic place.  Eat or be eaten.

7 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Eat or be eaten.

Flags do give a shit about where we are in the food chain.

Yanks, Asians and Arabs aren't interested in making Scottish football or Scottish football clubs better.  

34 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Sacrifice or transition to success? The biggest problem is acceptance of what is required. 
I think the truth of what would be scares the very traditional fan base of Rangers. They cannot accept wgat needs to be done.

They don't want to lose their identity or autonomy. Which is cool but then be prepared to accept your failure. 
The world is a dynamic place.  Eat or be eaten.

I'd rather eat shit in the gutter than lose our identity. Your definition of success is my idea of hell and permanent loss.

We left the top table long ago, now you want to sell our soul too. We spent our first 84 years in the Scottish domestic scene and I'd rather that was our future than spend every season as someone else's poodle, chasing some bullshit objective which we know we'll never be allowed to achieve.