The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

England has a pyramid system, so going straight into the Championship is not going to happen. Other clubs and their supporters would, rightly, be against that. So if, and it's a big if, we were able to join the English league system it would be the Cumbrian Sunday League or similar, and we'd need to work our way up from there. The time to do that was 2012, I can't see it happening now. 

I think it's inevitable Rangers will eventually leave the Scottish league, but I doubt England will be our destination. 

The time to do it would have been around 1994 when Sky's influence could have perhaps swayed the Premier League. Everything is too established now.

I don't know any Rangers fans who wouldn't welcome being part of a better league system. The club certainly want it. However, in the absence of even the remotest chance of it happening, the only way we are going to improve our environment is for the Scottish league to improve far beyond its current pathetic state .... and there's less chance of that happening than Rangers joining La Liga in February. It's not a good situation but fantasising about joining one of the major leagues isn't going to help.

For the league to get better their needs to be a better spread of the wealth. That means we need to give up some money to better the league, I'd be happy to as I think it would actually benefit us in the end if the league was stronger. I think most Rangers fans wouldn't be willing though,  or would the club be.

I was disappointed when the Euro Meta League was scuppered. 

I thought that it was best for these Super Clubs to fuck right off, and play their games in Riyadh, Doha, Singapore, KL, Manila, etc.

The rest of us poor saps would have had an unprecedented opportunity to reorganise and reengineer domestic competitions, and cross border competitions, and leagues.

I was confident that the novelty of the Super League would wear off in Europe, after a few years, 5, say, or 6, or 7, and the great and the good would find their audiences and paymasters increasingly, and increasingly firmly, located in the ME, and SE Asia. 

The unfashionable rump would have had the chance to create new, interesting, and competitive contests, Cups, Leagues, whatever, with public support, and clear marketability. 

The hubris of the few, with the inevitable nemesis, and catharsis for the many. 

Pusillanimous, short sighted, administrators, and owners, failed us.

Edited by Uilleam

5 hours ago, JohnMc said:

think it's inevitable Rangers will eventually leave the Scottish league, but I doubt England will be our destination. 

I am good with that Johnny Mac.