The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

21 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

It’s vital we keep Butland at least to the end of the season anyway. Whether we can keep him beyond then I’m not so sure. There will come a point when we & him get an offer that one of both can’t refuse.

It’s therefore vital we keep an eye on the goalkeeper situation for next season. We need to keep an eye out for a potential new no1 as I don’t think McCrorie is ups to the job

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Shankland just scores loads of goals. 20 this season so far. 

47 in 77 for hearts. 

I am ok if we don't go for him but like Boyd i do think he could deliver titles. 

Non-pen goals per 90 is a far better barometer, and he's in line with Dessers in the league this season (who barely even got started with us until Clement came in). Shankland has scored 15 penalties over this season and last and that makes a huge difference to his numbers. 

He's clearly hit a great run of form recently but there is literally no indication at all we are interested. The Silva signing pretty much sealed it for me because he will not have been cheap, his wages will be high and there was probably a fee too, and I never believed we would bring in two expensive strikers in one window. 

8 hours ago, DMAA said:

The Shankland fan club will never accept it but Silva is a striker and will play a major part in the rest of the season. He’s not prolific but he will score goals and bring quality to our front line.

He is good at scoring goals that’s about it , Shankland is the top SPL to turn the ball over second is Big Sima but he also tops the bill with getting the Ball taking off him as well,  Dessers is more clinical when the ball is played inside the  box yes he takes more touches than needed, at least  Dessers makes an effort stick with what we have got, I would rather we kept possession of the ball than buy Shankland only to give it away or  losing it.

Verona and Torino call Rangers for Dessers

Sky Sport Italia claim that Verona and Torino are interested in bringing Cyriel Dessers back to Serie A from Glasgow Rangers.

The 29-year-old Nigerian is no stranger to Italy, as he played the 2022-23 campaign at Cremonese before he was sold to Rangers for €5m.

He has done well in Scotland so far this season, scoring 12 goals and providing seven assists in 33 competitive games.

According to Sky Sport Italia transfer expert Gianluca Di Marzio, Verona are in negotiations to bring Dessers back to Italy.

Hellas had been close to securing Adam Idah from Norwich City on loan, but walked away from talks this evening, so he is instead linked with Celtic.

Torino could also be an option for Dessers, but he is their second choice if Rafa Mir of Sevilla turns them down.

He had been expected to make a decision today, but is continuing to hesitate as he awaits other clubs.

https://football-italia.net/verona-and-torino-call-rangers-for-dessers/amp/

12 hours ago, DMAA said:

Non-pen goals per 90 is a far better barometer, and he's in line with Dessers in the league this season (who barely even got started with us until Clement came in). Shankland has scored 15 penalties over this season and last and that makes a huge difference to his numbers. 

He's clearly hit a great run of form recently but there is literally no indication at all we are interested. The Silva signing pretty much sealed it for me because he will not have been cheap, his wages will be high and there was probably a fee too, and I never believed we would bring in two expensive strikers in one window. 

isn't it 2 this season?

i don't believe we are interested either but what i say stands. you haven't allowed for him being at a team that create and have the ball far less than us. 

He is on a huge run of goalscoring that isn't pens and is better even than dessers. 

Edited by the gunslinger