The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

43 minutes ago, FDMA said:

If this youngster is a wonderkid then why are we not trying to hold on to him. 

Let me guess £ waved in from of him??

We probably did try to hold on to him, just like Motherwell will have tried to hold on to Bailey Rice.

Young players get their heads turned and he'll have been offered a lucrative contract to sign for Arsenal. 

Good luck to the lad. 

In fairness Arsenal have a better record of bringing their own players through to their first team than we do. I'm unaware of the lad and at 15 it's still anyone's guess if he'll ever make the grade so I'm not unhappy at the kind of money that's being reported. I remember how upset we were when Charlie Telfer left us for Dundee Utd. 

13 hours ago, JohnMc said:

In fairness Arsenal have a better record of bringing their own players through to their first team than we do. I'm unaware of the lad and at 15 it's still anyone's guess if he'll ever make the grade so I'm not unhappy at the kind of money that's being reported. I remember how upset we were when Charlie Telfer left us for Dundee Utd. 

and billy gilmour for chelsea. 

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, CammyF said:

Good move for Borna Barisic if true. Would be great to see him leave as a treble winner - been a good servant and value for the £1.5-£2M we spent on him. 

Absolutely, he has been fantastic value when you consider some of the players in the intervening period we have paid a lot more for and got a lot less. A favourite of mine, but the time is now right to move on for all parties. Would also love to see him get two more winners medals before he goes.

There have been periods when Barisic's confidence has been high and he made a very solid contribution. That's the Barisic it was a pleasure to watch. However, all too often his confidence has been in his socks and his play predictably negative. Receive the ball out wide, take three steps forward, bail out and pass backwards to Souttar, repeat  ..... I think that's how I will remember Borna Barisic.