The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

In that bbc thing is says Cameron Campbell (youth coach) has went to be leipzieg, shame he is a good youth coach highly regarded.

Yeah I seen that shame tbh all the youth coaches are going were the money is or the more advanced setups are, I thought Rangers training grounds were Good in those departments. 

13 hours ago, Malangsob said:

One thing that I have learned in my time is that 90% or the mierda coming from the press is just that.

Pocket sultan will stay IMHO. 

Who else we got in the chamber?

'Pocket sultan'! Great, that. I think Yilmaz is bound for Verona as the Doig replacement. I too would prefer him to stay; against Killie he was always looking to go forward, inside or out cf Barasic back and sides movement. Hope the boy Smal turns out to be a bigger Ridvan.

19 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Dunno what people want to see here? All about opinions, but the constant Ridvan bashing is rather strange, given that he is more skilled and forward minded than Borna, always brings a new spark into his side's attack. His height is barely important. On the other hand, no word must be uttered about our dear captain Tavernier, who drags himself out of so many mediocre performances with the odd cross or penalty goal.

And how many times has he dragged the TEAM out of disasters too?

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

And how many times has he dragged the TEAM out of disasters too?

By scoring a penalty (that anyone else might very well have converted) or whipping in one good cross out of 15? There is no denying in Tav's worth to the side over the years, yet, the amount of criticism he escapes as opposed to Borna and Ridvan is somewhat baffling. 

Former Rangers midfielder Rino Gattuso has denied the Ibrox club the services of Josh Doig after the 21-year-old left-back agreed a £4.3m transfer to Marseille from Hellas Verona. (Sunday Post, print edition)

4.3m ... we were never going to pay anything close to that.

Rangers are pursuing a move to sign 26-year-old FC Twente left-back Gijs Smal, whose current contract is due to end this summer, this month after missing out on Hellas Verona's Josh Doig collapse, but the Ibrox club could opt to wait until he becomes a free agent to avoid a fee. (Football Insider)

Rangers, Leeds United and Sheffield United are among the clubs keen on landing West Ham United defender Ben Johnson on loan this month, with the 23-year-old out of favour with the Premier League club and out of contract this summer. (Football Insider)

I would assume, we will have to cut ties to e.g. Davies first.

11 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

By scoring a penalty (that anyone else might very well have converted) or whipping in one good cross out of 15? There is no denying in Tav's worth to the side over the years, yet, the amount of criticism he escapes as opposed to Borna and Ridvan is somewhat baffling. 

It's hardly the odd cross, his assists and scoring stats are unreal for a right back. All for a couple of hundred grand IIRC. 

Just now, der Berliner said:

Former Rangers midfielder Rino Gattuso has denied the Ibrox club the services of Josh Doig after the 21-year-old left-back agreed a £4.3m transfer to Marseille from Hellas Verona. (Sunday Post, print edition)

4.3m ... we were never going to pay anything close to that.

Rangers are pursuing a move to sign 26-year-old FC Twente left-back Gijs Smal, whose current contract is due to end this summer, this month after missing out on Hellas Verona's Josh Doig collapse, but the Ibrox club could opt to wait until he becomes a free agent to avoid a fee. (Football Insider)

Rangers, Leeds United and Sheffield United are among the clubs keen on landing West Ham United defender Ben Johnson on loan this month, with the 23-year-old out of favour with the Premier League club and out of contract this summer. (Football Insider)

I would assume, we will have to cut ties to e.g. Davies first.

Was there ever any actual evidence of Rangers making concrete efforts to sign Doig. Football transfers are often as much about deliberate disinformation as anything else.