The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Herr Wagner has signed a new deal in Philadelphia.

Sima has shown what Kent lacked. A direct drive to goal and the ability to score with most of his chances. He's a better all round left sided attacker. Whether we can afford him will probably hinge upon us snatching the title and securing the CL group slot and automatic cash.

As of now, we have 6 (SIX) players who can play on the left wing. We might talk endlessly about quality, but that position is covert. I, for one, would rather play Ridvan there ahead of Kent 😱.

Dunno what to make of the Ridvan talk. He's been playing, is contributing and doing well. Why on earth would he want to go to Italy's bottom side, unless there are off-field issues or something. 

Edited by der Berliner

10 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

image.png.d049cb47598184f3ee07e35b97f0996b.png

Old boy don't look right in the head. 

He's only 22, must have seen some stuff.... Either that, or he's been off at Croatia's version of Gullane

Marko Bulat is a 22-year-old Croat with a contract till 2027. I assume he will cost quite a bit.

Sidenote: Sterling did rather well in this DM role, even ventured forward every now and then. That said, I am still of the opinion that we do not need 2 DMs in every game we play ...

Worth remembering that a player who sits in the DM area of the pitch doesn't necessarily mean that they are a defensive minded player.

Sterling works in midfield as a 'destroyer' type player but he won't bring that creativity from a true midfielder thats needed consistantly.... In my opinion of course

Edited by lenny3k

2 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

Worth remembering that a player who sits in the DM area of the pitch doesn't necessarily mean that they are a defensive minded player.

Sterling works in midfield as a 'destroyer' type player but he won't bring that creativity from a true midfielder thats needed consistantly.... In my opinion of course

Yes, but these guys, be it Jack, Lundstram, Raskin et al usually have no record of scoring goals. In games against the "lesser" teams, I'd rather have a second striker converting some more of all these 15 to 30 chances we create.

29 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

Yep, we very much need a Steve Davis type in that position IMO. Someone who can dictate the pace of a game.

Bulat would be good.. was linked with Barca before moving to Zagreb.