[FT] Rangers 3 (Dessers 20'; Tavernier 26' pen; Sima 34') - 1 Dundee

Games like today's remind me of a commentary I heard in the mid-1990s, when we beat Dundee United 3-0 (HT 3-0) away and co-commentator Simon Stainrod said at the end: "Well, Rangers' defenders played as admirably in the second half as their attackers did in the first." 

Has the Dujon finally arrived? He must have hated the final whistle because he just got better and better the longer he was on the pitch. 

I honestly had no idea he could slot into midfield but he didn't look out of place at all.

The red card might have handed him a cup final place.

12 minutes ago, Yorkie Bear said:

I didn't take into account that we'd be down to 10 men for 45 mins. Otherwise....

I think maybe what you didn't factor in was his unique ability to fluff 99 chances out of every 100 that come his way 😉 😆

1st half we were good going forward and Dessers, Cantwell, Sima and to a lesser extent Matondo all played well. However our defence was terrible. 

2nd half we had to dig in and players put in some shift to ensure we got the 3 points.

Selection issues now ahead of Cup Final in centre midfield. Does Clement go with Rice or Sterling? Will he drop Cantwell a little deeper to partner Lundstram? 

Front three should be Sima, Dessers(with Roofe coming on later in game) and McCausland a'.  I think he's a little more direct than Matondo 

21 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Selection issues now ahead of Cup Final in centre midfield. Does Clement go with Rice or Sterling? Will he drop Cantwell a little deeper to partner Lundstram? 

Front three should be Sima, Dessers(with Roofe coming on later in game) and McCausland a'.  I think he's a little more direct than Matondo 

I don't think so, re Cantwell; I think that's why he took off Cantwell at half-time, because of the red card.

I also think Tamundo is better at the end of games when there's more space and the opponent is knackered.

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I also think Tamundo is better at the end of games when there's more space and the opponent is knackered.

I thought he recaptured perfectly his form of last season.