Merry Christmas to everyone

9 hours ago, Frankie said:

About to go on my works Xmas day out then am on a family holiday for a week so wanted to take some time now to thank everyone for their participation on the forum again this year.

Supporting Rangers still feels like a fool's errand at times but the last month has shown football remains a funny old game and, as we approach Christmas Day, it's fantastic to see us winning the League Cup, being Scotland's sole representative in Europe post-group stage and, whisper it, challenging again for the title.  Yes, we're struggling with injuries and genuine quality during some games but there's no doubt Philippe Clement has restored some belief to our players and fans since his arrival.

To that end, I hope everyone has a safe, happy festive period and is able to enjoy a few more Rangers victories as well as, more importantly, valuable time with your friends and family. I certainly hope Santa brings us three more wins before 2023 is out and let's hope 2024 is a prosperous one for all Rangers fans and our club.

gn-pod-xmas.jpg

Merry Christmas to you and yours mate. 

Also a very merry Christmas to all Gersnetters and their families 

On 21/12/2023 at 12:52, Scott7 said:

That’s a good one.  When Rangers were signing Mikel Arteta the Spanish press were calling them Guardabosques. Försterei sounds much better.

Förster is one way of translating "ranger"in German, the etymological equivalent would be "forester". So "Alte Försterei" would be the "Forester's/Ranger's old house" or the "Old Forester's-House". I only noted this a couple of months ago. :ph34r:

Allen hier ein Frohes Fest!

A thousand stars erect a dome
in quiet earth-embracing night.
A candle blooms and spreads its shine
and fills our hearts with great delight.

In this silence we rejoice,
a light that pierces through our hearts,

the high cathedral silvery swings,

quietly wafted by the breath of Christmas.

All the darkness falls away
for we have lit this light of ours.
Into next year it leads our way,
through these silent, starlit hours.