Just now, alexscottislegend said:

Not for me it ain't. I want to see us prosper in a truly competitive league. If we want silverware we could play 11 pub teams every season and be bored as hell. Didn't you get a frisson when we beat Betis the other night? I expect to beat St Johnstone every season; Derek Adams said the other day that the SPL is a hundred times worse than England's League Two (!) If we were to compete v say, Gothenburg or Bruges or Malmoe, we would have a competitive league which would in turn attract sponsors. And spectators.

Brother, you're preachin to the choir.

I would love it to see us go up against teams who are gonna lock horns and scrap. As opposed to that stomping excuse for football yesterday.

That Derek guy was correct too. There are exactly two teams in Scotland who do not consistently engage in 'Trogball'.

I think the Scotland/Nordic idea is great. 

HOWEVER...over 20+ years I have consistently seen all the signs of that 'Small Fiefdom' mentality.

I  think that Rangers and scum support would lose their collective shit at a fourth or fifth place finish in a league. 

It would take adjustment but would be well worth it. 

14 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

I've no idea why, so don't ask me to explain, but I can't get excited about this at all. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe because you've read a similar story two or three times a year since about 1990.

Maybe because you're going to read a similar story two or three times a year until you can read no more.

6 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

It's Celtic who have the friends at the top of the game, not us. 

They’ve rejected the ESL proposal. Also have Man City &  several top European clubs including Dortmund & Feyenoord.

Rangers should sit tight & say nothing for the time being. Wait & see how this pans out. We should not dismiss anything that gets us out off the SPFL and into a better league 

37 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

They’ve rejected the ESL proposal. Also have Man City &  several top European clubs including Dortmund & Feyenoord.

Rangers should sit tight & say nothing for the time being. Wait & see how this pans out. We should not dismiss anything that gets us out off the SPFL and into a better league 

Run with the hare and bark with the hounds