Rangers vs Ross County: Match Postponed

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Really disappointing for the game to be off. Wanted to be top of the league for New Year! Another fixture to catch up on now later in the year. This is always the problem with a good Euro run, you end up having to cram in games at the business end of the season, and that never ends well.

I see the moon-howlers are claiming conspiracy online, to give us more time to prepare for the OF game. We really do have them worried about this, we must come out the traps all guns blazing and put them away on Saturday. It could lead to another Shark-gate meltdown, which would be fun!

It doesn't take much to be honest. They are worried and hopefully this rest allows big Goldson a few more days to be in prime condition. 

7 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Am I being harsh and thinking that if the team do not make sufficient arrangements, they bloody forfeit the 3pts.

I think that is harsh.  The kick off is at 7.45pm, so they didn't need to be down last night and by the time the weather forecast is actually worth paying attention to, I'd imagine hotels with suitable facilities available would be non-existent. 

Our kick off at Dens was delayed due to our team bus being late.

Edited by Gonzo79

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think that is harsh.  The kick off is at 7.45pm, so they didn't need to be down last night and by the time the weather forecast is actually worth paying attention to, I'd imagine hotels with suitable facilities available would be non-existent. 

Our kick off at Dens was delayed due to our team bus being late.

I hear you. Just feeling a bit passed off about potential backlog of games as you know that Liewell will already be getting his minions on the case. This won't be first game postponed. 

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Just feeling a bit passed off about potential backlog of games as you know that Liewell will already be getting his minions on the case.

Aye, it's certainly not ideal and I feel sorry for fans heading from further away.  Must be a real pain in the neck.

From a football point of view, I think it might be quite handy.  Hopefully I'm right.  

2 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

Strange County didn't travel down last night and stay in a hotel.

The state County are in, a postponement suits them very well. Long time since I’ve been in Dingwall but even in those days they were able to receive weather forecasts. Hmmmm.

6 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

Prevents more injuries i guess but does stop us potentially going top of the league. The rat catchers thinking this is deliberate to let us rest up for the old firm game is not surprising. They are f*cking ill. 

Prevents us getting injuries on the pitch, aye.

It probably happened before and may happen again. While it is good to have a game off before the OF, winning today and at the weekend would have seen us entering 2024 being top of the table.

Dunno whether money in Stagland is so dear that they rather have their players on a coach on a match day than give them a night's rest in a Glasgow (area) hotel?

Anyways, I was looking forward to tonight's game, so I'll stay grumpy for the time being ...

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aye, it's certainly not ideal and I feel sorry for fans heading from further away.  Must be a real pain in the neck.

From a football point of view, I think it might be quite handy.  Hopefully I'm right.  

I suppose it rules out any further injuries before we meet that lot.