[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 88)

As I see it the incidents today which went against us were:-

1) penalty for handball against johnston not given. Clear & obvious error. Offside only used for goal instances.

rangers request VAR audio to see if offside gets mentioned 

2) Both Alistair johnston & Paolo Bernardo should have been red carded for  two yellows 

3) I also believe that at the Dessers miss in the first half he is brought down in the penalty box. Johnston doesn’t get a touch on the ball

4) some suggestions at their first goal the ball went out of play when the corner was taken

Edited by RANGERRAB

I haven't seen today's game and very unlikely to watch it back. 

Not surprised that we are talking about referees decisions given they've, with the media's help, piled pressure on the officials and we've sat back and gone with dignified silence. Good to hear Clement calling it out.

Not surprised that we lost the game either. Since SG, we've never gotten the better of them in a meaningful game. We need to readdress the ballance ASAP. Defeats to them are horrible, hurtful and frustratingly avoidable. 

We are still very much in the hunt for the title, but in my opinion, have to win the next OF game (and possibly the next two). 

Both them and us will drop more points, we just have to ensure we drop less than them. 

We must return to winning ways on Tuesday, then regroup during the winter break and come back stronger.

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Doesn’t SKY get access to this during the game? Surely we’d know if offside was mentioned in communication between the match referee & the VAR referee at the time of the penalty incident .
But offside is irrelevant in this instance as it’s only for goals with VAR. It was definitely suspicious that this got brought up during the second half of the  game 30 minutes after the incident. Someone (?) at the SFA communicated this to SKY. Who?

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

We're not great but that shouldn't be a reason for ignoring corrupt refereeing. Are we only allowed to highlight it when we play well? 

The sequence of events before and after the johnston handball penalty incident between the match referee & VAR referee needs investigated. 
It was deeply suspicious that offside was brought up in the second half commentary nearly 30 minutes after the  incident. My understanding is SKY have access to communications between the match referee & VAR referee during the game. W as it mentioned at the time?

And is offside applicable here in any case? Does it not only apply with VAR for goals only?

48 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Doesn’t SKY get access to this during the game? Surely we’d know if offside was mentioned in communication between the match referee & the VAR referee at the time of the penalty incident .
But offside is irrelevant in this instance as it’s only for goals with VAR. It was definitely suspicious that this got brought up during the second half of the  game 30 minutes after the incident. Someone (?) at the SFA communicated this to SKY. Who?

I believe any audio should be for all to hear or even better for Sky to listen into as you have said if it’s offside then fair point if it’s non deliberate handball fair one  but let the Players managers  and the Supporters be the judge and listen into it , it also shouldn’t have taken that long to get out or was it Skys fault for not using the info they had or was it delayed whilst VAR covered there backs? It makes you think what’s next?  let’s ask the Audience (fans) who thinks it’s a penalty or a Red/Yellow card please vote now beyond a joke all this technology starting to make a sport we all love into something that’s just not enjoyable anymore. 

OK. The dust has settled and it's perspective time. When Clement came in just over 2 months ago and you provided the following terms and conditions, I would have bitten your hands off:

1. We get back in the league race, potentially cutting down an 8pt lead to 2pts if we win 2 games in hand.

2. We win our Europa League group, (netting 3 million) allowing us to enter the last 16 starting in March. 

3. We win the League Cup.

All this in the face of dreadful injuries and misfiring players inherited from another manager. We look more functional as a unit than we ever did under Beale. Clement is an astute guy and he would be seeing what we all saw yesterday. We need to be more clinical in front of goal. If we have better striking options yesterday we do not lose the game. Its as simple as that. Let's do Killie and move onwards. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

Although I'm disappointed in the result, I do think there is a long way to go. And we could pull something out the bag. We already have 1 trophy and we're no where near out of contention for the others. So all in all, we're in good shape. We just have too many players giving that lot across the road way too much undue respect. 

Maybe before 2012 I could have been convinced of some unspoken line that was to never be crossed out of respect to an old rivalry but since then, they've shown time and time again they don't deserve respect. We should be actively looking to kick that club into the dirt every game we play. 

We've too many nice lads in the team.