[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 88)

On 30/12/2023 at 15:02, Rousseau said:

Not for me.

Not because he hasn't been good - he's been great! - but because he's mostly just a defender; we need more from a central midfielder. 

Can’t agree. It’s hemdani syndrome all over again. A good dm is a good dm. There is many games where we need this.

7 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Can’t agree. It’s hemdani syndrome all over again. A good dm is a good dm. There is many games where we need this.

He's not a good DM, though; he's just a good destroyer-type. 

And, yes, I agree, that is useful going forward, but I think we need something more to be first choice.

Like I've said elsewhere, I think Clement likes a couple of box-to-box players to play CM.  

Dermot Gallagher on Ref Watch suggests it should have been a penalty, which the VAR checked. Rightly or wrongly, VAR decided against.

If VAR had given the penalty, then they would then have to check the offside, which then would have cancelled the penalty. 

No penalty is the right decision. 

Dermot also thinks Bernardo (?) shouldn't have been sent off for a second yellow; it's a foul, but no yellow. 

Dermot thinks that Johnstone should have been sent off for the second yellow. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Dermot Gallagher on Ref Watch suggests it should have been a penalty, which the VAR checked. Rightly or wrongly, VAR decided against.

If VAR had given the penalty, then they would then have to check the offside, which then would have cancelled the penalty. 

No penalty is the right decision. 

Have we seen an actual still frame of when the ball is played forward in the Sima penalty incident. I've seen a pic with lines but I've also listened to several pod casts disputing the validity of the pic as it taken after the ball is struck. We need evidence as this whole situation stinks. 

I've also read many comments supporting the ref, stating that he couldn't see what happened. Has anyone actually looked at his position. He's about 10 foot away and looking directly at the incident. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

The still that was shown clearly shows the ball is in motion. They published that for one reason and one reason only. Its all part of the lies and cover-up IMO. 

12 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Have we seen an actual still frame of when the ball is played forward in the Sima penalty incident. I've seen a pic with lines but I've also listened to several pod casts disputing the validity of the pic as it taken after the ball is struck. We need evidence as this whole situation stinks. 

I've also read many comments supporting the ref, stating that he couldn't see what happened. Has anyone actually looked at his position. He's about 10 foot away and looking directly at the incident. 

There was a still on Ref Watch. It looks offside to me. I don't think there's any doubt.

Yes, I don't understand how the Referee doesn't give it; He is looking directly at it.

It would have been overturned, anyway, because Sima was offside.