[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 55; Lawrence 58)

58 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

This incessant moaning about refs is very yahooesque.  Theirs was a stick on penalty.  

Good victory at a difficult venue.  

Very much so, terrific result. Wee bit unfair to say it's a typical McInnes performance, he's had them playing some cracking football this season, much as it pains me to say it!.

Fingers crossed on Cortes injury.

If the referee decides it’s a penalty then it’s a penalty sometimes they make mistakes just like managers like our manager who was almost caught out with his rotating his team look at the record books and you’ll find that the most successful teams only make changes when injury intervenes hopefully he’s learned a lesson .

It looked as if his arm came out to an 'unusual' position, but that was possibly as it was struck by the ball, I'm guessing that's what the ref went on?. VAR check may not have made a difference, when you consider that Hertz penalty went to VAR.

One of the Killie handballs was a stonewaller, and right in front of the ref as well.

2 minutes ago, compo said:

the most successful teams only make changes when injury intervenes

Maybe back when we had 16 man squads, but it's definitely a squad game now. I think it's added to the game, having more subs, we've won a fair few games this season off the back of good substitutions.

10 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

It looked as if his arm came out to an 'unusual' position, but that was possibly as it was struck by the ball

That's the way i see it, from the stills it hit his arm when it was at his side.

Going by the referees logic here I  could pick up an opponents hand hit myself in the face with it and it would be a red for them. It was a stupid decision IMO.

Edit - to clarify I can understand the referee giving it as its hard to make that out during real time, my issue is with the VAR process and no on field review. With VAR the official's can get a meticulous slow down multi angle view of anything, how they can still miss the mark with 3 hand balls I do not know.

Dickinson was dreadful last night, had a howler.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

56 minutes ago, Frankie said:

It absolutely was not. Lundstram's arm was by his side when the ball struck his elbow so never a penalty. Why VAR didn't recommend the referee check it is anyone's guess.

Added to that the fact Barasic was fouled and officials gave Killie the free-kick. Barasic should deal with it better but 9 times out of 10 the defender gets a free-kick. 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Added to that the fact Barasic was fouled and officials gave Killie the free-kick. Barasic should deal with it better but 9 times out of 10 the defender gets a free-kick. 

Barasic wasn't fouled. He was touched, took 2 steps then fell to the ground and grabbed the ball. The ref got that one totally correct.

9 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Barasic wasn't fouled. He was touched, took 2 steps then fell to the ground and grabbed the ball. The ref got that one totally correct.

Agree to disagree - I still think 9 times out of 10 the defender gets a foul there.

100% agree he should have dealt with it better.

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Agree to disagree - I still think 9 times out of 10 the defender gets a foul there.

100% agree he should have dealt with it better.

Maybe if he fell immediately he would have got the foul 9 times out of 10, but not after taking the couple of steps.