[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 55; Lawrence 58)

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Yes, handball penalties are not exclusively given at 'point if contact'.  He raised his arm during contact with a ball which was heading into the box.

It's 100% a penalty in modern football.  Lundstram barely contested it.

I get there are lots of poor decisions in Scottish football (Hearts penalty and St Mirren handball, just this week) but that wasn't one of them. 

Oh aye, I can see why it's given.

I don't think the Findlay handball was a pen either, the Mayo one however was a shocker.

Just a wee observation from last night. Killie are a very organised team that thrive off the reset after breaks in play IMO. If you cast your mind back to the 1st game of the season, Tav jogged about 50 yards to take a throw in, much to the ire of every fan watching. It played perfectly into Kilmarnocks hands. Game gets slowed down, they get to reset. Fast forward to last night. Dessers takes a quick throw immediately and Killie are on the back foot resulting in Lawrence getting fouled. Once again we get ball active right away and bish bosh, we get our 2nd goal. How times have changed...

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's 100% a penalty in modern football.  Lundstram barely contested it.

Well you're clearly in the minority and even an ex-ref disputes your claims that it's "100% a penalty"

Being in the minority doesn't automatically make you wrong, but it does on this occasion. You are as wrong as Dickinson was to award it and VAR for not inviting him to review it. 

They got Lundstram one wrong and they got the Mayo one wrong. The one with Dessers is more ambiguous. 

The whole handball thing is a bit of a mess.  Referees can't agree on it, with or without VAR.

I'll have to check the 'point of contact' bit in the rules, as it's not something I've heard previously. 

It's nice to enjoy our winning run without any paranoia.  I recommend it.  

Whats next ! I bet £5 🤣 Managers won’t be allowed to pass the ball quickly to their players , especially after this has surfaced,I think it’s amazing piece of managerial leadership. Before hand and I’m not putting Captain fantastic down but the players would wait for Tav to take the throw etc almost becoming telepathy for the opposing team. I love what he is doing like so many let it continue.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/unseen-philippe-clement-role-rangers-28728237

Edited by Fa1833

pretty clear explanation from an ex-ref as why it wasn't a penalty. He also explains why our 1st claim wasnt a penalty and why our 2nd claim was a stonewaller. 

It was refeshing to hear The Gaffer ask twice during his press conference if anyone could explain the difference between the two claims. As you'd expect, nobody took him up and they quickly changed the subject. 

incompetence, cheating or paraniod? Make your own minds up.

10 hours ago, CammyF said:

pretty clear explanation from an ex-ref as why it wasn't a penalty. He also explains why our 1st claim wasnt a penalty and why our 2nd claim was a stonewaller. 

It was refeshing to hear The Gaffer ask twice during his press conference if anyone could explain the difference between the two claims. As you'd expect, nobody took him up and they quickly changed the subject. 

incompetence, cheating or paraniod? Make your own minds up.

Personally I see John spinning round to get away from the ball and block it with his back, That’s not intentional, also  the fact it hits his elbow and makes his arm go up is another issue, loads of instances where VAR should’ve stepped in to correct decisions both by the bad refereeing and  also decisions made where VAR could’ve been more useful, I think the Hearts v Hibs derby especially the over dramatic fall to the ground makes it worse than it all ready is what was the referee actually doing or what does VAR see. As I’ve said time and time again Managers are using VAR when they are planning their tactics especially if they’re on the losing side.

* Hopefully corrected the spelling mistakes 🤣

Edited by Fa1833

Bobby Madden is now the bearer of truth?

Give me strength.  

I see McInnes is moaning about decisions last night too.  At least everyone's joining in and agrees the officials are not very good at their job, albeit some coming from different angles (yahoos think they're all Masons, the "majority" of Rangers fans think they're all yahoos and diddy fans all think they're all Masons, yahoos and Masonic yahoos).

Just now, Fa1833 said:

should of

Just now, Fa1833 said:

could of

Should've, could've - should have, could have.  

Christ, I feel like I'm back at work here.  🤣