[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 55; Lawrence 58)

46 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Moaning at a ref during the game is perfectly normal.

It's carrying that on for weeks after the event, looking into said ref to see who his father was, that kind of behaviour that is very, very yahooesque.

Looking into a ref to see who his father is? You don't have to look into his life to find that out, usually their name gives it away. Having to look into a refs life to ascertain who his father is would be yahooesque as there are far more easier ways 🙄

So change the scenario, Gonzo is sitting next to a bloke who says "mate, see this Referee, he's  utter mince, I've been saying that for months, he's been anti-Rangers for years". Gonzo - "oh be quiet mate, that's so yahooesque".  I believe he'd get a robust reply. 

Anyway it wouldn't happen as he (and most people) wouldn't say it to someone at a game as they know what reaction it would receive. Far easier throwing "insults' around on an Internet forum. 

But to be clear and to put a line under this, do you believe / think that if any Rangers fan believes and discusses the ongoing failures of referees and VAR, over the course of a season, they are, by default, yahooesque? 

Edited by CammyF

6 hours ago, Bill said:

For myself, I'm sure somewhere is a record of me complaining about referees but in general I seldom do so now in individual games. No doubt Rousseau will be burrowing into the archive to find it.

I think the evidence backs you up. 

You last complained about referees on 1st January:

On 01/01/2024 at 21:53, Bill said:

The subsequent and rather dubious business of the possible offside is utterly irrelevant to whether or not there was either gross incompetence or deliberate corruption at play.

Then you have to go back to April 2023 for a similar post; both of which revolve around 'cheating'. 

You have to go all the way back to 2022 to find the more general complaints about referees:

On 01/10/2022 at 13:54, Bill said:

This referee is at it. 

You've even defended, for want of the better word, a referee in the past: 

I've seldom had issues with Walsh as a referee. He seems to maintain a relatively low profile for the best of reasons.

32 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Looking into a ref to see who his father is? You don't have to look into his life to find that out, usually their name gives it away. Having to look into a refs life to ascertain who his father is would be yahooesque as there are far more easier ways 🙄

So change the scenario, Gonzo is sitting next to a bloke who says "mate, see this Referee, he's  utter mince, I've been saying that for months, he's been anti-Rangers for years". Gonzo - "oh be quiet mate, that's so yahooesque".  I believe he'd get a robust reply. 

Anyway it wouldn't happen as he (and most people) wouldn't say it to someone at a game as they know what reaction it would receive. Far easier throwing "insults' around on an Internet forum. 

But to be clear and to put a line under this, if any Rangers fan believes and discusses the ongoing failures of referees and VAR, they are, by default, yahooesque? 

Yahooesque to me is like having one of those old flip phones that can only send calls and texts, or the old floppy disks you had at school that could barley store a whole Document 🤣

1 minute ago, Fa1833 said:

Yahooesque to me is like having one of those old flip phones that can only send calls and texts, or the old floppy disks you had at school that could barley store a whole Document 🤣

Or wearing Adidas Sambas 😀

Edited by CammyF

10 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

"What does it mean when someone says esque?

an adjective suffix indicating style, manner, resemblance, or distinctive character: arabesque; Romanesque; picturesque."

Aah.

"Romanesque". Would that be synonymous with "Yahooesque"?

(Asking for a philologist.)

8 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

It'd be the first time you've put a line under something!

Maybe, but if you'd bothered to actually answer the question set to you it would have. 

So, what's the answer? 

Edited by CammyF

It's fairly simple to my mind. To question, or expect better from referees as a whole is fine, we're paying customers after all. To chase a referee, after the event, to harass him outside of the football realm, to blame failure of our team over a season on someone, well that's your personal choice, and you leave yourself open to criticism in my opinion.

Really there's no answer, no defining line, it's up to you how you carry yourself. 

Anyway, I've work to do, enjoy the rest of yer day.

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

A fine description of the current refeeing situation in Scotland. 

I do wonder if anyone else had called you yahooesque that your response would have been so affectionate 😉

If Gonzo was to call someone yahooesque whilst sitting amongst Bears at Ibrox, or an away ground for slating a refs decision or performance, I'd bet he'd get a more robust response 😀

Sometimes you just exceed expectations.

4 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

It's fairly simple to my mind. To question, or expect better from referees as a whole is fine, we're paying customers after all. To chase a referee, after the event, to harass him outside of the football realm, to blame failure of our team over a season on someone, well that's your personal choice, and you leave yourself open to criticism in my opinion.

Really there's no answer, no defining line, it's up to you how you carry yourself. 

Anyway, I've work to do, enjoy the rest of yer day.

So very few on here or in the broader Rangers support is yahooesque. 

Finally we can put an end to this nonsense. 

Have a great day and Rangers play again tomorrow so not long until the madness recommences.