[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 60' pen) - 2 Motherwell

7 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The game was a reminder that Clement is largely working with the same players Beale had too

I think a lot of us (me included) had almost forgotten how bad we were just a few months ago.  Today was a sharp reminder of the squad limitations. 

19 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think a lot of us (me included) had almost forgotten how bad we were just a few months ago.  Today was a sharp reminder of the squad limitations. 

👆 I am guilty

1 hour ago, FDMA said:

Still think that on OF games the ref etc should be totally neutral, Dutch, German etc.

Chances of it happening are of course less than zero, aren't they Peter 🤔

We sound like them though coming out with that kinda stuff

9 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

We sound like them though coming out with that kinda stuff

Doesn't mean we're incorrect though. However, if it makes us sound like them, should we stop questioning referees and accept ridiculous decisions going against us on a week by week basis?

A stonewall penalty denied at Kllie whilst Killie were awarded a non-penalty. Today one of our players was injured due to a tackle that merited a straight red card. The referee didn't even award it as a foul, whilst VAR deemed it an acceptable tackle.

A former referee admitting in a podcast he cheated us in a OF game.

What will it take for you to start questioning referees?

Or does 'sounding like them' make it never acceptable to question these type of decisions? 

That's a serious question and would be interested in hearing your answer. 

If our officials and VAR have nothing to hide, perhaps we should adopt the rugby process where the replays etc are shown on screen, and the audio between VAR / officials is broadcast live at the game. Transparency shouldn't be an issue surely?

Edited by CammyF

In the first OF game at ibrox Roofe’s goal was chopped off for an alleged foul by Dessers nobody saw. Yet we had the usual yahoo suspects telling us it WAS a clear foul

Fast forward to today and we see a challenge on a Rangers player which saw him carried off very fortunate not to get a broken leg but this WASNT a foul if you listen to them

Either referees don’t understand the rules or are corrupt. Can’t be both

The referees are generally not very good.  

There are a lot of decisions that are subjective and the rules aren't 100% clear, such as handball, which causes problems for everyone with a vested interest.  

We laughed at them and their 'Masonic referees' pish for years.  

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Another thing about Goldson, why does he bother going up for corners?  He is clearly incapable of heading the ball in the direction he wants it to go.

We could've had 1,000,000 crosses today and still not scored.  We should take different kinds of corners and wide players should aim for the byline and cut the ball back because crosses against that kind of defence are a total waste of time.

I'm somewhat confused as to why we've reverted back to out swinging corners. They are pointless IMO. I thought our in swinging corners were starting to cause problems.

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The referees are generally not very good.  

There are a lot of decisions that are subjective and the rules aren't 100% clear, such as handball, which causes problems for everyone with a vested interest.  

We laughed at them and their 'Masonic referees' pish for years.  

So how would you explain the non-red card today? I can understand the argument that the Referee missing it due to him being a terrible referee. How did VAR then miss it and back up the Referee? There is no ambiguity about the challenge. The still I shared earlier shows its a straight red card. VAR would have that image, how do you explain them not advising the Referee to send the player off? I'll post it below again so there is no ambiguity. 

How do you explain Hugh Dallas admitting on a podcast that's still viewable that he took a decision not to send a Celtic player off during an OF game, when he should have, as he feared his decision would "cause a riot"? Was Hugh inept, or was he cheating? 

I've asked these questions directly and indirectly a few times and you've side-stepped answering them with a grace that Brian Laudrup and Davie Cooper would be proud off. 

IMG-20240302-WA0003.jpg

Edited by CammyF

3 hours ago, WorthingBear91 said:

It all comes down to the 7th of April at Ibrox imo who ever wins that will kill the other fan base optimism and turn the fans on the players right near the end of the season there will be no recovery

I genuinely think if we had got to that game unbeaten and then beat them we would be Champions.