Mat Taylor(Pompey)

Read it on-line yesterday that Pompey said he'll be allowed to leave if any club comes for him(paying the required amount of course). Good attacking left back(IMO). Great left peg. Has scored some spectacular goals and good from a dead ball(which we are desperate for). Could be the answer to our left back problem.

Do you think he'll be in our price range?

If so, would we(fans) like WS to sign him?

A wee side note: John Collins has said that he is resigned to losing David Murphy(left back).

Is he somebody that we'd be interested in?

Does this guy score a bad goal?

Always looks a good player when I see him on the TV but I reckon Pompey will be wanting around 4-5 million for him so that puts him right out our price range.

I'd like to see him in a Rangers jersey though.

As for Murphy, I've never thought he was any better than average.

Read it on-line yesterday that Pompey said he'll be allowed to leave if any club comes for him(paying the required amount of course). Good attacking left back(IMO). Great left peg. Has scored some spectacular goals and good from a dead ball(which we are desperate for). Could be the answer to our left back problem.

Do you think he'll be in our price range?

If so, would we(fans) like WS to sign him?

A wee side note: John Collins has said that he is resigned to losing David Murphy(left back).

Is he somebody that we'd be interested in?

i would say David Murphy is the best left back in the league. Good signing. As for Matt Taylor.... wat gav said!

Matt Taylor or George McCartney at West Ham would be good signings. I think McCartney will be available in January and we have been linked with him.

David Murphy FFS, should we start playing our home games at Easter Road!

Matt Taylor or George McCartney at West Ham would be good signings. I think McCartney will be available in January and we have been linked with him.

David Murphy FFS, should we start playing our home games at Easter Road!

I was thinking the same GribZ.:)

I think I would prefer to wait and see what happens to Stevie Smith before spending a couple of million on a player.

Smith has(had) tons of potential and if he recovers from his injury woes we won't need a first teamer but a reliable back up.

I know we are thin on the ground at LB but with Smith supposedly close to comeback the money spent on an LB would be better spent on a creative midfielder IMO.

I think I would prefer to wait and see what happens to Stevie Smith before spending a couple of million on a player.

Smith has(had) tons of potential and if he recovers from his injury woes we won't need a first teamer but a reliable back up.

I know we are thin on the ground at LB but with Smith supposedly close to comeback the money spent on an LB would be better spent on a creative midfielder IMO.

I agree craig but unfortunately reading between the lines in papers, reports, Walters said step up to target a left back, things are looking pretty gloom on that front. He is back training but that does not mean he is near a first team place. I hope i am wrong but I would be surprised if Smith plays a worthwhile role this season, If he plays any role at all.As far as Smith is concerned i would be thinking of next season.

I agree craig but unfortunately reading between the lines in papers, reports, Walters said step up to target a left back, things are looking pretty gloom on that front. He is back training but that does not mean he is near a first team place. I hope i am wrong but I would be surprised if Smith plays a worthwhile role this season, If he plays any role at all.As far as Smith is concerned i would be thinking of next season.

According to the papers though he is only weeks away from a comeback, 3 or 4 reserve games and he should be ready for first team action.

Which to me should mean the turn of the year - maybe February. But if that is the case then why spend a couple mill on a player who will either be a back-up or will take the place of one of our most promising players ?

Papac isnt the best but is a decent filler for now - I would just prefer to see the money spent on a creative mid.

But maybe Smith isn't near a comeback - I just dont see why they would say he is if that is the case.