[FT] Rangers 3 (Tavernier 55' pen; Sima 86'; Matondo 90+3') - 3 Celtic

31 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So many poor performances in the 1st half. People picking out individuals, where it was the collective performance that was so bad / frustrating. I would say only Dessers got pass marks in the opening 45mins.

The starting 11 was questionable, as we had no ballance or width, the press was all wrong, mid-field was missing and our wide players were too narrow. For once, our keeper looked suspect and shaky but did pull off a few decent saves.

2nd half was better, especially with Sima, Matondo and Cantwell on, we actually looked a threat. We got ourselves back level, then Sterling and Butland contrived to hand Celtic the lead again. Hat's off to Matondo for his incredible equaliser.

All in all a hugely frustrating day, an opportunity to get our noses in front but can't help feel the team selection and then the woeful collective 1st half performance ultimately cost us 3 points today. 

Butland was very poor today ,very poor 

2 hours ago, PoohBear said:

I'm pretty sure Celtic were undefeated one season when we won the league. 96 or something?

From my memory (dodgy!) we beat them 1-0 and the other 3 were draws that season. Tims only lost 1 game all season but we won title 

31 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

From my memory (dodgy!) we beat them 1-0 and the other 3 were draws that season. Tims only lost 1 game all season but we won title 

We sang :

"you lost one game, won fcuk all".

I thought overhead conditions played a part in the game today. The team defending the goal at the Copland road end seemed to have the harder task.Us in the first half, them in the second.

That said the first & third goals we lost today were horrendous. We are conceding too many goals, particularly at ibrox.

We have seven games left with probably only two of them at ibrox. It looks likely we’ll need to take something when we visit Celtic park. I’d hope the team on that day will be more like the one that finished today rather than the one that started. We need to learn how to use matondo better

Need to stop this passing to each other just outside the penalty box that’s okay if your man city or Arsenal they have real defenders we’ve got a bunch of eejit who are a liability just get the ball up to the half backs and concentrate on defending 

14 minutes ago, compo said:

Need to stop this passing to each other just outside the penalty box that’s okay if your man city or Arsenal they have real defenders we’ve got a bunch of eejit who are a liability just get the ball up to the half backs and concentrate on defending 

The stats show that we had twice the amount of possession and passes around the opponents box than Celtic did, but with a lower xg or whatever the fuck it's called. Seems like a very ineffective strategy.

27 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

The stats show that we had twice the amount of possession and passes around the opponents box than Celtic did, but with a lower xg or whatever the fuck it's called. Seems like a very ineffective strategy.

Stats go for nothing it’s goals that win games 

I’ve watched the Dessers disallowed goal again. Regards the ‘foul’ by Lawrence on Iwata(?), the referee is in a perfect position to see it (about 5 yards away) but allows play to continue. Presumably he felt Iwata went down too easily or dived.

However Walsh & Connor on VAR were  having none of it