And what was with the stories in the press today from various spokesmen saying most Bears would be unhappy at the stadium being renamed? From what I've seen, most of us would be quite happy for it to be re-named if it is going to take the club to a new level as it will always be Ibrox to us.

In today's financial disparity with English teams and the other top 5 countries, we need all the money we can bring in. I'd rather have say a Pepsi stadium while competing reasonably in the transfer market than to have a cheap team like we've had in the last few years while keeping it Ibrox.

However, I think the compromise could be the likes of the "Pepsi Ibrox Stadium".

When you think about it, the official name can be irrelevant to the fans: we've been calling Celtic Park, "Parkhead" (and many other soubriquets) for generations.

In today's financial disparity with English teams and the other top 5 countries, we need all the money we can bring in. I'd rather have say a Pepsi stadium while competing reasonably in the transfer market than to have a cheap team like we've had in the last few years while keeping it Ibrox.

However, I think the compromise could be the likes of the "Pepsi Ibrox Stadium".

When you think about it, the official name can be irrelevant to the fans: we've been calling Celtic Park, "Parkhead" (and many other soubriquets) for generations.

I agree. It's the same with Love Street and every West Ham fan I've ever spoken to calls Upton Park the Boleyn Ground (I don't know what the difference is). Like has been said, It'll always be called Ibrox for those that want to keep the name especially as there won't actually be a relocation. I think that 70000 is a reasonable capacity - those that say it won't get sold out for Gretna - why not? Surely there is a waiting list for season tickets and it may also be easier for Bears like myself, Gribz etc who don't go regularly but if circumstances permit wouldn'tmind heading to the odd game.

The problem I have with this announcement is that this is one of 3 options - so in 2 years when we go with the option that actually only upgrades two toilets and a burger stand Murray can say, 'Well I never promised it would happen'

But as a long term investment I think this, if it goes ahead can only be apositive for the club as a whole.

I agree. It's the same with Love Street and every West Ham fan I've ever spoken to calls Upton Park the Boleyn Ground (I don't know what the difference is). Like has been said, It'll always be called Ibrox for those that want to keep the name especially as there won't actually be a relocation. I think that 70000 is a reasonable capacity - those that say it won't get sold out for Gretna - why not? Surely there is a waiting list for season tickets and it may also be easier for Bears like myself, Gribz etc who don't go regularly but if circumstances permit wouldn'tmind heading to the odd game.

Yeah 70,000 is a great number for me. We'd definatly get 60k+ plus at games if tickets were at the right price and as you say getting tickets for those who cant make it would be a piece of cake.

RE West Ham - Boleyn Ground is the name of the stadium. Upton Pk is the area in East London that is it in although is also within the place called "Ham".

West Ham FC are actually situatied in East Ham, the underground stop before Upton Pk is called "West Ham".