Didn’t take long on Sunday for the back line to fall apart think it was around thirty seconds so who’s the weakest link who has to go or are you like me and get rid of the lot of them might be hard on the goal machine Tav but heads have to roll we can’t go on giving away silly goals .

I honestly think the loss of the 3rd goal was worse than the 1st but both a comedy of errors.

The 1st goal could he described as a "fluke" but no denying Tav could and should have done better, but not solely to blame for the goal.

The 3rd goal, straight after equalising was criminal and Sterling and Butland both equally to blame. 

There is no denying that Tav and Goldson are nearing the end of their Rangers careers and both are going to be difficult to replace. 

I think we urgently require two new centre-halves, 2 new left backs as well as a right back that we can use to slowly phase Tav out. 

Sterling can replace Tav.  

Goldson looks to have lost something recently - looks nervous all the time and lacks presence.  I'd be worried if he starts next season in the first XI.

Souttar is a decent defender but has far too many cock ups.  

The occasional lapses are becoming too frequent. Tavernier and Goldson need to be replaced with defenders. When that’s been sorted look at the creative and finishing departments.

I have no suggestions for new personnel other than Shankland up front. I’m assuming we won’t keep Silva and may not be able to keep Sima. I’m sure Clement and the other chap will be able for the rebuild if they get a little bit of money.

How many Euros will Utrecht pay for Lammers? I thought we might have to pay them to take him off the books but he’s a scoring machine in Holland.

These big games leave no hiding place. Yet again our defence is prone to huge lapses in concentration, mistakes and generally look awful. 

Goldson has long been a concern for me, and I know I am in the minority but he has had one really good season and 5/6 poor ones. What on earth was he doing at their penalty? He is a complete and total liability and is our top earner at £38K pw. He simply has to be offloaded or we will continue to struggle when attacked. We need two new left backs as Borna is done and Yilmaz is unreliable, yet another big game he isn't available for shows a brittleness we cant afford. If the rumoured fee of £6M from Saudi for Tav is correct, we have to accept this. His defending has come a long way but yet again in a big game he makes a howler that costs a goal. I am a huge fan for what he brings going forward and we will not replace him like for like but I think now would be the time for change. 

Butland had a great chance to prove himself on this big stage in front of the England manager and has done dreadfully for all goals. His antics at penalties is not working, stand up and wait to the striker commits, he has been beaten too often down the middle. Less said about 1st and 3rd goals the better and while generally he has done a good job but you have to do it in OF games to become a hero. 

That leaves one CH position which is currently Souttar, a whole-hearted proper defender but not quite the quality to be a regular starter and quite injury-prone up until recently. Alternatives are Balogun and Davies who are both not the answer.

In the last 2 windows we have concentrated on the middle to front positions mainly, this summer it has to be the defence.

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

I’m assuming we won’t keep Silva

Hope not has shown nothing and is a complete embarrasment with his theatrical rolling about.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Souttar will do for now. He may become better with a more reliable partner.

and playing on the natural side for a right footer...

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Sterling can replace Tav.  

I'm not convinced about that. He looks far better in the midfield or even playing right wing. He can certainly cover but I wouldn't want him as our first choice right back for next season.

I would sat, out of all the defence, Tav is last one that needs replaced.

2 x left backs are the priority, then 2 centre backs as Davies, Balogun and Goldson (in that order) need to be moved on